1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Routine Maintenance

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by PyrettaBlaze, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Jun 2, 2016 at 2:37 AM
    PyrettaBlaze

PyrettaBlaze [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristopher
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma 2.4
    Good Morning, everyone! .

If you guys don't remember, I own a 1996 single cab Tacoma 2WD with 125k miles on it.

My family has had this thing for the last year and a half, and it's been sitting for the majority of that time. The battery has gotten replaced due to bad cells from not being ran, and I just ordered a new radiator since I broke the petcock valve on the one currently in it (JB Weld worked for a little bit. Not so much now)

So my question is this. What do I need to do as far as general maintenance before I can reliably drive this again? Here's what's been done and what I think needs done:

Radiator has been ordered (I went with OEM. I wanted all-aluminum but I'm not running any horsepower mods so why spend the extra coin?)
    Oil change
    Plugs/Wires/Dist
    Water pump gasket ? (Not sure if this is mandatory. I just don't want a bad seal from not running for a while)
    Alignment (Inside of front tires are chewed up. Hopefully an alignment and rotation will fix that)
    Rear Differential Fluid (Which should I use as well?)

Anything else you guys can think of?

THANKS!

2. Jun 2, 2016 at 6:15 AM
    opteron

opteron Well-Known Member

Member:
    whittier, CA.
    Vehicle:
    2003 DB 4x4 SR5
    Leer camper, bug-rug, fox suspension 2.0 rear, fox 2.5 front, BAMF sliders and LCA, TRD fake 3 piece rims
    I think you covered everything for now, enjoy the ride.

Products Discussed in

To Top