1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

rr diff lock saved me...

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by SpRuCe MiCa, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Mar 20, 2012 at 2:15 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
  2. Mar 20, 2012 at 6:33 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
  3. Mar 20, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    TRDBen

TRDBen Mall Crawler of the Year

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Prerunner 4 Door TRD V6
    Front Window Tint KYB Monomax Shocks Blue Dome Light Valentine 1 Radar Detector
    Basically same story as me, but adding weight in the bed woulda been a good idea for me!

4. Mar 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM
    Rebel Taco 22

Rebel Taco 22 mall crawler

Member:

David K? Why not respond?

5. Mar 22, 2012 at 5:07 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Hello... I actually was working today (and not living on TW like some)!

So, I am just reading this for the first time... What is the problem with me talking about A-TRAC and how it works (or has worked for me)? Why do some here hate Toyota technology or just get upset when someone else is thrilled by it?

If A-TRAC didn't work, it just may be because the driver was not comfortable with off roading or just didn't put his foot into it? I mean, maybe they saw Whippersnapper's lame video clip of him giving up when his tire dropped in a hole... and blamed it on A-TRAC ... you know, when he stopped giving it the gas??

Or maybe, I have the only working A-TRAC??? Yah sounds silly... but I do know that this 2010 DC does not need the Harsh Ride TSB... because my 2005 DC did (but I didn't get it, so I added Ride Rite air bags and solved it)... This truck has not bottomed out, and my '05 did. So, Whipper can't belive that I have better springs, and that isn't my problem... Just like Monkey not believing the A-TRAC provides the best traction of any STOCK Tacoma, and allows the Tacoma to go to places that previously required after-market lockers. That is the facts...

I have been out four wheeling with lots of other Tacomas, on a couple of occaisions... Two times I did demonstrate the climbing ability of A-TRAC, and while neither was a ultimate test (3 tires off the ground, for example), it was still impressive (One Tri Hill and Pulling James up the Diablo Dropoff) and fun... Considering my Taco is STOCK (no lift, no secret traction devices).

Would I like to four wheel with Monkey or Whipper, absolutely... I really would like to be friends (or at least not enemies)... but, they keep popping in after one of my informative posts hoping to foul it up... or at least to 'dis' my reply.

Am I free of guilt? No, I used to really get down on the FAKE HOOD SCOOP being any kind of reason to buy a Sport Taco... It is just so silly, when you sacrifice added traction and ability of the Off Road for 'looks'... But, that is just me... Oh, and I go into a lot of detail and explain the same things over and over... LOL . Again, I like helping others... if you don't like reading my posts, then don't.. move on. There is a zillion posts on TW I never read... because it isn't anything I am interested in. So, I have backed off making fun of the fake hood scoop, but I haven't gotten any corresponding relief...

One thing I don't do, is follow Whipper or Monkey around and say smack about them in their posts... So, I just ask the same of them (and their girlfriends or wives). In other words: "Can't we all just get along?"

PEACE, yes?

6. Mar 22, 2012 at 5:30 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    another one bites the dust

7. Mar 22, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Wow, twist it all up, change the words I use, and then the potty mouth to boot (are you a liberal?). I can't compete because my wife doesn't defend me on TW like Monkey's does.

Again, I don't follow you guys and try on purpose to mess up an informative thread. If you don't have anything nice to say, why are you here...? You are just proving how childish you are acting... I would say 'man up'... but you are not the man... right?

If I don't get negative on you then I just ask you stop getting negative on me.. okay? again: PEACE! (damn it) lol

8. Mar 22, 2012 at 5:52 PM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
    :laughing:Why does everyone assume that Jasmine is my wife lmfao

9. Mar 22, 2012 at 5:53 PM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    4" Bodylift 20" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    Kinda crossing the line there dude. If you really want "peace" just ignore them.

10. Mar 22, 2012 at 6:14 PM
    PerfectTekniq

PerfectTekniq I'm undefeated in the UFC.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pepe Silvia
    Claremont, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Super White 4x4 DC SB Sport
    AllPro Front, AllPro Rear w/ wraps, AllPro IFS Skid, 5100 w/ 885's upfront, Duratracs, Front Superbumps, BuiltRight UCAs, Dakar Leaf Pack, Extended 5100's, AllPro Flip Kit, Rear Superbumps, Extended SS brake lines WeatherTech Floormats, TRD Intake, ScanGaugeII, TRD SoCal, Grillcraft, Wet Okoles, Cobra 75 w/ 4' whip
  11. Mar 22, 2012 at 6:16 PM
    Blueberry

Blueberry Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Newton, KS
    Vehicle:
    T/X Pro named Blueberry by my daughter
    Custom Roofrack, Satoshi, Ammo-can in bed, Hi-lift, 2 HID Hella 700's, 4 Automatcentral 7" Offroad Lamps, 2 Hella Work/Bed Lamps, "Derp'd" Radio and Shifter Console, Anytime Fog-light mod, Anytime Rearview Camera mod, DTRL mod, Awesome TW sticker mod.
    I like/use all my 4-wheel drive options. My locker saved me when I was messing about on a muddy back road and the back slid out. I ended up sideways on the narrow road with water filled ditches on either side. Tried backing up to get lined back up but it was just making things worse. Hit the locker no problem. Got straightened back out and putted down the road until I was in dryer ground. Looks like my muddy road days are over until I get some M/T tires. In my defense I was not expecting that road to be as soupy as it was.

12. Mar 22, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    PerfectTekniq

Member:
    First Name:
    Pepe Silvia
    Claremont, CA
    Vehicle:
    AllPro Front, AllPro Rear w/ wraps, AllPro IFS Skid, 5100 w/ 885's upfront, Duratracs, Front Superbumps, BuiltRight UCAs, Dakar Leaf Pack, Extended 5100's, AllPro Flip Kit, Rear Superbumps, Extended SS brake lines WeatherTech Floormats, TRD Intake, ScanGaugeII, TRD SoCal, Grillcraft, Wet Okoles, Cobra 75 w/ 4' whip
    :stayontopic: oh wait....you are on topic. :thumbsup:

13. Mar 22, 2012 at 6:38 PM
    Blueberry

Blueberry Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Newton, KS
    Vehicle:
    T/X Pro named Blueberry by my daughter
    Custom Roofrack, Satoshi, Ammo-can in bed, Hi-lift, 2 HID Hella 700's, 4 Automatcentral 7" Offroad Lamps, 2 Hella Work/Bed Lamps, "Derp'd" Radio and Shifter Console, Anytime Fog-light mod, Anytime Rearview Camera mod, DTRL mod, Awesome TW sticker mod.
    LOL

14. Mar 22, 2012 at 6:52 PM
    MarkLux

MarkLux Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Honduras
    Vehicle:
    06 Hilux SRV
    Iron man sus, high clearance bash plate, extended diff breathers, 32" MTRs, 17" FJ rims, Custom front bar
    Oh this is a thread about lockers? Thought the title confusing at first now I get it.

15. Mar 22, 2012 at 8:11 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

Name change hu? Been there done that :D

16. Mar 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM
    PerfectTekniq

Member:
    First Name:
    Pepe Silvia
    Claremont, CA
    Vehicle:
  17. Mar 22, 2012 at 11:53 PM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
  18. Mar 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    lets switch it to an auto vs manual argument! and thats a check for the auto magic:D

19. Mar 23, 2012 at 12:25 AM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Yep, ain't easy to hold the brake, give her gas, and let out the clutch at the same time. That's why you see that pop. Also ain't easy to keep her from stalling. Torque converters kick ass, sometimes.

Lockers kick ass though.

20. Mar 23, 2012 at 12:28 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    thats funny, because manual die hards say that once you are good at it you dont even THINK about it and do it totally normally :rolleyes: im glad i have an auto magic. no chance of stalling, slipping, jerky starts, and it lets me focus more on driving and being precise on the gas.

Products Discussed in

To Top