1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

RRT Overhang

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by josh1010, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Dec 6, 2019 at 12:48 PM
    josh1010

josh1010 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Vehicle:
    2017 tacoma trd off road
    None

Thanks Bro. :militarypress:

2. Dec 6, 2019 at 12:48 PM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    Hit the Quote button:
    upload_2019-12-6_12-47-24.jpg

Those arrows are killer also, for flipping between posts from the same user.

Multi-Quote will put all the posts that you pick into one post.

josh1010[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  3. Dec 6, 2019 at 12:52 PM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    So true. I do miss the extra height that we had at the old house. It would have been enough room for a canopy to hang. We added a floor between the end of the upstairs rooms and the garage door header along with a HF hoist for some killer storage.

Next time, I'm getting my own garage built. This is my pipe dream even if they took that pic with the fish eye lens:
    upload_2019-12-6_12-52-22.jpg

4. Dec 6, 2019 at 12:53 PM
    josh1010

josh1010 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Vehicle:
    2017 tacoma trd off road
    None

Thanks Brother! this is very informative and for that my friend, i'll vote! It's a YES for me.:headbang:

5. Dec 6, 2019 at 2:15 PM
    Teegs

Teegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm sorry but this kind of sets me off. I love all the assumptions about people's financial status and financial priorities that are made here.

Some people can't afford to buy a house. Some people can't afford to rent a house. And before you jump on me about "if you can buy a truck and an RTT then you can buy a house", that's utter bullshit. Buying a house is hundreds of thousands of dollars, vs a 40k truck and a 1-3k RTT? Please.

Some houses don't come with a garage. My garage isn't even tall enough to fit my truck, and I don't own the house so I can't (won't) modify it to fit it.

Some people have other hobbies, (or wive's with hobbies) that take garage space. My wife brews beer. Her "lab" as it were takes a lot of my garage space.

And no, I'm not getting a storage unit for an RTT. This solution might work for someone else, but the units in our area are ridiculously expensive (not sure why though to be honest), and are a pain in the ass to get to.

My solution to this? Leave the damn tent on all year and get called a poser despite going out on the trail more than most of my naysayers.

Sorry guys, not sure why I get so triggered over it. It just grinds my gears when people think their path in life is the only one. I haven't even addressed the differences in costs of living throughout the country. There are too many variables to make ANY assumptions about someone's wealth. Hell, even if you know, or can approximate how much a person makes, you still probably have NO idea what their net income is. Maybe they pay child support? Maybe they put a lot in to retirement savings? Maybe they have a budget and refuse to deviate?

Go buy a house has to got to be one of the most ignorant things I've read on here.

/rant

6. Dec 6, 2019 at 2:16 PM
    Teegs

Teegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    I've always wanted a setup like that, but it's not in the cards for me at the moment, and probably not for a loooong time.

tonered likes this.
  7. Dec 6, 2019 at 2:29 PM
    Scott17818

Scott17818 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Midcoast Maine
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma DCSB OR
    methodMR305NV, 265/70/17duratracs, ARB RTT, DITCH Lights
    then rent a storage unit.... $25-40/ month duh... renting is often considered a bad investment, as its just money going bye bye.. at least with a house you can build equity, and eventually sell it for a profit, with upgrades over the years. I bought my house at 26 in 2010 20 more years left... hopefully less.. and I will have my $180k investment paid for.. not to mention the equity, and improvements I have added to it over the years. renting you may say that if something breaks you are not responsible, but you also cant make any permanent changes or modifications to your apartment without the owners approval. and then its just money being wasted, you wont see any return on it.

dont get mad bro.... everyone is in a different place in life, and I understand that... just giving suggestions.

8. Dec 6, 2019 at 2:37 PM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    I used to think that way about buying versus renting. After years of BS, HOAs, shit failing for big $$$, and just dealing with upkeep, I wish that we rented a house. At the time, it would have cost way less and potentially have saved at least what we have in equity.

It is funny listening to folks that I know with rental places. They are facing my life multiplied. Makes me laugh inside.

9. Dec 6, 2019 at 3:46 PM
    steven.croteau

steven.croteau Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR
    The biggest issue is people think there is one solution for all, everyone has different needs and different situations. Renting for some is probably the best option and for others owning is, its complex and peoples needs differ there is no one size fits all when it comes to things like houses, leasing vehicles, and straight up finances. Always take financial advice with a grain of salt because even if they're successful doesn't mean what works for them works for you and its ignorant to assume. Most important thing is to set your own goals and make a path for them that fits what you need and at a pace you can sustain.

Teegs and tonered[QUOTED] like this.
  10. Dec 6, 2019 at 4:08 PM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    Seriously great words right there. We have trusted and ignored financial advisors from time to time. Just the way things roll.

11. Dec 6, 2019 at 9:12 PM
    Alesimo

Alesimo Jeeper

Member:
    First Name:
    Alec
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUD
    Yeah I don't have a man cave yet. I'm hopefully moving to a house in May and can get a hoist setup

tonered[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Dec 6, 2019 at 9:12 PM
    Alesimo

Alesimo Jeeper

Member:
    First Name:
    Alec
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUD
    It does just fine on the truck.

Teegs likes this.
  13. Dec 7, 2019 at 4:18 AM
    Rescueninja

Rescueninja Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Off Road

Have you ever owned a RRT? It is a massive ordeal to take one off. I know mine weighs in at close to 200lbs and trying to get that off of the top of my 4Runner entailed a pulley system set up in my tree in the front yard, lowering onto saw horses, and finally finding someone to help me carry it inside. Not to mention having room to store it. Instead of jumping to sarcastically judge someone, maybe consider the reasoning behind leaving something on. You are going to have a lot of commenting to do if you want to shame every person for not suing their mods on their trucks. I am sure the majority of people on this forum with lifted tacos have never seen an actual trail, but you don't hear the most of us negatively commenting to their posts.

Teegs likes this.
  14. Dec 7, 2019 at 4:19 AM
    Rescueninja

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Off Road
    Have you considered rotating it so the entrance is off the back? I know it is going to stick out the sides, but just a thought.

15. Dec 7, 2019 at 4:32 AM
    Rescueninja

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Off Road
    I completely agree, thank you for calling him out. I find it ridiculous the OP is asking for help and you have multiple people on here that want to just shame people instead of contributing to the original topic. People that criticize other people are just unhappy about something in their lives and they take the most pathetic measures to make themselves feel better.

Teegs[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Dec 7, 2019 at 5:14 AM
    Scott17818

Scott17818 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Midcoast Maine
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma DCSB OR
    methodMR305NV, 265/70/17duratracs, ARB RTT, DITCH Lights
    I offered 2 acceptable options, the third and most obvious that I didnt bother to mention was to leave the tent on the truck... kind of amazed that you view this as a snarky criticism that it is not.. it was more of a jest at a joke. I am sorry you got triggered by something so trivial.

Products Discussed in

To Top