1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

running from the cops

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by j83soldier, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:09 PM
    j83soldier

j83soldier [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    anti lock brake disable mod, fogtime anytime mod, Leer Topper, all pro plate bumper, toytec 3 inch lift, bfg AT, rims, piaa 5100's, some double din head unit (cant remember), warn 8000 winch, DO sliders, hacked frame to fit full size spare, thule and yakima roof racks
    Who has or "knows" someone who has run from the cops on their bike. Here if cops try to pull you over and you take off the cops will just let you go until today. I had a "friend" who was going a little to fast on the freeway and a cop pulled out. He dropped two gears and took off, two more cops were waiting at the next exit. The friend got away but it was the first time he every got chased. I am pretty sure next time the friend will just take the reckless driving ticket but I though most states have a no chase law.

2. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:13 PM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    "I" might know "A guy" who has run from them on foot.. Free Running = Best escapes ever

3. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    05tacoSPORT

05tacoSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT
    Geared and Locked
    Its a good way to die

4. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:15 PM
    GAmtber23

GAmtber23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma Access cab 4x4
    Window tint, debadged, fog-lite anytime mod, aftermarket taillights, low profile toolbox modded with three mountain bike mounts, JVC dvd headunit, Kicker hideaway, Fox 2.5" IFP with DSM UCA's, Allpro standard (soon to be expedition) leaf pack, 255/85r16 BFG KM2's, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers, powdercoated gloss black TRD offroad rims with color matched center caps.
    Running is probably the best thing to do. Put others at risk as well as yourself because hey you only live once right? F*ck the Police!

5. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:16 PM
    WVtriple

WVtriple Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    WV eastern panhandle
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD Sport
    Satoshi grill mod, Redline Tuning Hood struts and tailgate E-Z down, HID headlights and fogs, LED tail lamp upgrade, TRD exhaust, FJ TRD Anthracite Wheels, T-REX eyelids, power sunroof, 5100 Billies and ToyTec AAL, K&N drop-in, TRD seatcovers, Weathertech floor mats, Fog light any-time mod, Pop-n-lock, slotted front rotors with ceramic pads, BenWa power rear slider mod, blackout badges, and blacked out center stack and console. 7" HID's behind the grill. LED light bar in the lower grill. Trailer plug relocate. Auxiliary reverse LED's wired in to be manual or auto on when in reverse.
    Don't know anybody, but of course I am of that age and peer group to be man enough to accept the consquences for my mistakes, I will not endanger others and be a pussy by not stopping. My .02 cents

6. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:18 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    Eluding the cops leads to a high speed chase where far too often the innocent public ends up paying the price.
    I vote the cops just run the asswipe off the road and call the sweeper truck to pick up the remains.

7. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:25 PM
    j83soldier

j83soldier [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    anti lock brake disable mod, fogtime anytime mod, Leer Topper, all pro plate bumper, toytec 3 inch lift, bfg AT, rims, piaa 5100's, some double din head unit (cant remember), warn 8000 winch, DO sliders, hacked frame to fit full size spare, thule and yakima roof racks
    goddamn, uhh ok not many people ride here huh

8. Oct 23, 2010 at 3:32 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    Use of offensive and inflammatory language, discussions or content targeting an ethnic, political or religious group, gender, sexual orientation, name calling, and humiliating or bashing members is prohibited in the forums of Tacoma World. Political discussion, talk or displays of street racing and excessive speeding are also not permitted on Tacoma World. Posting links or information for the purpose of pirating or illegally obtaining products is also prohibited.

9. Oct 23, 2010 at 8:36 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You pretty much can't go faster than a radio. They might not chase you from behind- but they will do their damnest to find you.

If you have a balls to speed- You should have the balls to get caught.
    If not- Don't speed.
    If you can't keep yourself from speeding- Give up you bike.
    But for fuck sake- Stop making other bikers look like idiots with your "friends" poor decision making.

10. Oct 23, 2010 at 8:39 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    i forgot to mention that on my way to work today, i ran into 20-25 "bikers" on a back road doing burnouts and blocking traffic to do so. looked like complete asshats.

11. Oct 23, 2010 at 9:28 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Is this still open?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top