1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Running while re fueling

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MTLTaco, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Feb 9, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    MTLTaco

MTLTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD
    Thanks for all the feedback.

2. Feb 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    You people that say it's good to go, are idiots. Plain and simple. You're about as smart as this girl.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I have no sympathy for you if you disregard the rules of the gas station. Rules which are set in place for not only your safety, but for the safety of everyone else around you. It just takes one idiot one incident and someone else gets hurt.

For future reference, it is a BAD idea to say things like "Yes, I broke the rules and have not had any problems" on a public forum such as this. Someone young and impressionable may read that, think it's a good idea (or worth the risk), and get themself or someone else killed.

How would you feel if it was YOUR child that was injured or killed because of someone else's idiocy.

3. Feb 9, 2011 at 8:59 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Pretty much sums it up .

4. Feb 9, 2011 at 8:59 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    WOW, I bet she texts while driving too

5. Feb 9, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    malander

malander Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    There are also some rules put in place for personal benefit.

6. Feb 9, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    tommelleo22

tommelleo22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Castle, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sport off road
    Yellow Fogs kicker cvr 10's alpine ivaw205 head unit, leveling kit
    ido it everytime and i have yet to blow my truck up so FTW

7. Feb 9, 2011 at 9:08 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    It's also possible that nothing could happen if you bathe with a toaster , so what ?

8. Feb 9, 2011 at 9:13 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Isn't it past your bedtime ?

9. Feb 9, 2011 at 9:14 PM
    malander

malander Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    For the record I do turn off my truck when refueling. And im merely pointing out that yes some rules are important and are meant to be obeyed in order to insure The safety of the public but there are rules that are implemented for personal gain. I'd just like to see some hard evidence that keeping a car on while refueling can lead to explosions.

10. Feb 9, 2011 at 9:15 PM
    ouyin2000

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    Been there, done that. It just popped the breaker...

....kidding

Just trying to make some humour since my last post. I'm really not that much of an asshole.

11. Feb 9, 2011 at 9:16 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    I disagree ;)

12. Feb 9, 2011 at 9:16 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Party

13. Feb 9, 2011 at 9:21 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    I've done it raw dog lots of times and I haven't noticed anything weird growing down there .

I say you're all good

FTW

14. Feb 9, 2011 at 9:22 PM
    ouyin2000

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    It's too late at this point...lol

15. Feb 9, 2011 at 11:54 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    its not ALL that dangerous, less dangerous than probably, filling on a windy dry day... what with all the static electricity. But it is illegal. And the consequences of the tiny chance of igniting the fumes is kind of high. So, unless you're on your way to the store to buy a battery and starter.. why not just shut it off.

16. Feb 10, 2011 at 2:07 PM
    Tacozoid

Tacozoid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Katy Texas
    Vehicle:
    White Tacoma Pre-runner
    Billsteins,Texas tint. Blue Dash mod. Console mod. in Blue, Customized grille
    [​IMG]No problem with this beast. I would not do it with my Taco. Even though the gas filler is on the opposite side of the exhaust pipe on most vehicles the sign says "Turn off engine" Stick to the sign. Oh...and if you slide out of the truck before fueling touch the truck before sticking in the nozzle. One tiny static spark can ruin your whole day. This goes for the west coast and Nevada especially.

Products Discussed in

To Top