1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rust Protection

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by deer_pop, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Nov 13, 2012 at 4:29 PM
    aphex

aphex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    11 DC TRD OR
    Undercover Classic Tonneau, EGR Aerowrap Bug Deflector, Consolevault Custom Safe, Britax Boulevard 70 Baby Seat!, Retro TRD Shift Knob, Factory Bed Mat, Rear Leaf TSB, 265/75-16 BFG All-Terrain KO's, KMC Enduro Wheels, Front Bilstein 5100's set @ 0" w/ Toytec/Eibach Springs, Rear 5100's, TRD Grille Emblem, OEM Roof Rack, AntennaX 14" Billet Antenna
  2. Nov 13, 2012 at 4:53 PM
    taczilla

taczilla I intend to live forever; so far.... so good!

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    PEC, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 RAM Rebel
    2012 TRD Sport - STOLEN! / 2016 RAM Rebel
    My dealership offered me the same rust thingy for $1495.00 :eek:, and went on to tell me that the warranty was for rust-THROUGH only !! I told him to keep it. When I went to pick up my truck after dealer prep, they had installed the module by accident, had applied the paint protect and interior protect as well, and I got to keep it all for free!

I still went and got my truck sprayed within the week of purchase (mid-June). The sprayer took out the tail lights, drilled holes (and plugged) in the door bottoms, and sprayed everywhere he could. $100 and the creeping oil dripped for a month in the 80 degree heat.

I bought the truck to use it as a tool, and I don't sleep under it, so preserving such a large investment is the priority... spraying oil is a good thing.

3. Nov 13, 2012 at 6:40 PM
    griffin407c

griffin407c Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCLB MGM 4x4 Sport w/Entune
    OME 885s on Bilstein 5100s set at 0 with 1/2" plate spacers. OME Dakars with Bilstein 5100 Extended Length Shocks. 16" Pro Comp 7032 wheels wrapped with 285/75-16 Duratracs
  4. Dec 14, 2012 at 5:13 PM
    canucktacoma

canucktacoma Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    gta area, ontario canada
    Vehicle:
    sr5
    i use krown,have my santa fe done each year(6) so far great shape under neath.just took my 2008 taco in,just bought,never done on our rads worth it,wait couple weeks then wash.will see creepage fpr a while,

5. Dec 14, 2012 at 5:26 PM
    over60

over60 Over70 & still a "Grumpy Old Guy"

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno (Punkin) TRD 4X4 Sport DCLB w/upgrade & tech pkg..!!
    Toyota running boards/Solid Fold 2.0/custom stickers/Anti-Dark LED light under hood/Derped grill/Scoop, etc.
    I'm a total believer in "Corrosion Free" spray on rust inhibitor... it's pretty much the same as Rust Check and Krown....but WITHOUT the drip and it "creeps" all the time and forces water outta places it should not be... I have to wash the truck every month or the stuff is creeping out of the bottom of the doors and creeping up about 6" on the outside of the doors....

They offer a warranty that covers brake lines and fuel lines, etc. etc.... AND they are good for it, as I broke a park brake cable on my old Frod van... no fault to rust, just faulty Ford crap.... they covered the repair...no questions asked...

Where I find a real advantage of doing the Corrosion Free application every 18 months is this... it don't trap water like the tar type stuff and all your nuts and bolts are in good shape if you try to remove them and no squeaky springs or anything........not rusted to crap and needing a torch to cut them....

I've had 3 cars with this stuff and will do every one I ever have..... It's an '06 and the frame looks like it just came outta the showroom... not like some of the pics I see on here...ALL RUSTY...

It costs $, but well worth it if you live is "salt land" up here in the Great White north....

Good luck guys....

Over

Products Discussed in

To Top