1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rusting bumper, what to do!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by PPower05, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Jun 6, 2011 at 7:06 PM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    My 09 has been through a few WNY winters and is perfect with normal waxing and probably a little excessive washing.

If i had experienced what some others have, they would have addressed it, no doubt.

...and having just visited Firestone last week for new tires and seeing what the hack there did to my rims after having detailed it yesterday, will be paying them a visit. I'm not unreasonable and understand there is going to be some collateral damage, especially around where weights are removed, when removing old tires and installing new, but chunks taken out of the rim around multiple lug areas on multiple rims in ridiculous, (or rEdiculous) and is unaccetible. As soon as i have a break from my crazy work schedule later this week, they will be getting a visit and we will discuss the matter.

2. Jun 7, 2011 at 12:08 AM
    808hiker

808hiker Taco addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Mine is a bit rusted too on the inside but last I looked at it was a few months ago. If the rust isn't too bad I'll try to clean it up and give it a nice coat of anti-rust paint.

3. Jun 7, 2011 at 3:55 AM
    Blackbear

Blackbear Hardtooree Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2008 Blk SR5 2.7 4X4 5 spd ACab
    (DIY)...Fog lights, alloys, wheelwell liners, tonneau, frame cleanup & rustproofing, floor mats, trailer hitch.
    It looks like MOST people here (except for one...there's always one) get it. Any dealer is more likely to treat you fairly if you don't bluster at them like an idiot. And if they don't agree with you (surprise) you can still use common sense and do what you can within reason to fix/minimize your problem while taking your complaint to higher levels (local manager, regional manager, Toyota USA, etc.), if that's what you want to do.

Plain common sense and nearly four decades of car/truck ownership experience have shown that when it comes to warranty issues the sane-but-firm approach works a whole lot better than whiny moronic in-your-face blubbering. Even though the latter is alot funnier.

4. Jun 7, 2011 at 6:05 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    You'll get a black bumper all right as long as you like flat black.
    See response above.

5. Jun 7, 2011 at 8:30 AM
    Dibblit

Dibblit Eh?

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Stony Plain
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Suspension ARB OBA

I am not expecting the bumper replaced, but if they are going to it dose not hurt to ask. Or offer to pay the diffrence in cost, if there is any.

Products Discussed in

To Top