1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ryobi generator with honda GX390 engine

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by samsung, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Oct 13, 2017 at 5:28 PM
    samsung

samsung [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner doublecab TRD Offroad
    undercover lid/Ipod integration kit/Pop n lock/bed rug, fumoto drain valve, full piping Wet Okole covers, Blacked out badges, Lamin-X fog light cover yellow, window tint, ARB deluxe bumper with fog light kit,DSM UCA'S,3 support shrockworks sliders,complete OME lift with 886X coil and dakar leaf spring with 3 degree axle shims and center pin lenghtener,warn VR10000 winch,amsteele blue synthetic rope, daystar winch isolator, daystar delrin rollers, IPF 900xs Extreme Driving H9 Kit 900XSD (900XSD),Horn on fire with shot Penning,
    Hi all does anybody have a Ryobi 6500 watt generator with a honda GX390 engine in it? I purchased at the home depot. The generator has an on/off switch with two wires and a connector that doesn't connect to anything. The generator is working fine i just can't figure it out what that switch and connector do. I've checked the manuals on Ryobi's webpage and also called them with no luck. thanks for any help.ryobi generator.jpg ryobi generator2.jpg ryobi generator2.jpg

2. Oct 13, 2017 at 5:31 PM
    MNMLST

MNMLST Well-Known Member

Member:
    Earth
    tinfoil lined cab runflat headlights pee-thru seats
    Don't have one, but... remote on/off and start, like so you could run some wires and start it from inside the house/camper...?

3. Oct 17, 2017 at 6:29 PM
    HawkShot99

HawkShot99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kingston, NY
    Vehicle:
    13' Silver DCLB TRD Sport - Sold
    The honda generator I use, has a switch that looks the same as that. It is the on/kill switch for the entire generator.

4. Oct 20, 2017 at 2:23 PM
    Toy4me

Toy4me Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    NNJ
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB TRD Sport MGM
    Does it have an on board battery for starting in addition to the pull start? If so it could be for plugging in a battery charger. My Generac has that.

5. Oct 22, 2017 at 7:46 PM
    rtzx9r

rtzx9r Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bueller
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport
    LS1 swap with nitros.
    IMG_0516.jpg Here's a pic of the side of my GX390... on a Northern Tool pressure washer but shows how I think your wiring needs to be switched to.

samsung[OP] likes this.
  6. Nov 1, 2017 at 8:00 PM
    samsung

samsung [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner doublecab TRD Offroad
    undercover lid/Ipod integration kit/Pop n lock/bed rug, fumoto drain valve, full piping Wet Okole covers, Blacked out badges, Lamin-X fog light cover yellow, window tint, ARB deluxe bumper with fog light kit,DSM UCA'S,3 support shrockworks sliders,complete OME lift with 886X coil and dakar leaf spring with 3 degree axle shims and center pin lenghtener,warn VR10000 winch,amsteele blue synthetic rope, daystar winch isolator, daystar delrin rollers, IPF 900xs Extreme Driving H9 Kit 900XSD (900XSD),Horn on fire with shot Penning,
    my kill switch is the white one on the front of the generator.

Products Discussed in

To Top