1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Same 6sp problems, different day

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rawman2, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Apr 25, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    rawman2

rawman2 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Mountain View, Ca
    Vehicle:
    09 off-road 4wd 6sp double cab
    trd intake
    I have an 09 6sp. At 4500 the tranny was replaced cause it got stuck in 4th gear and they said it burned out a bunch of bushings and synchros. At 30k, immediately after a toyota service, the tranny was grinding between 2nd and 3rd. The transmission was removed, a couple bushings from the shifter plate were removed as they said the original replacement included a couple of extra bushings that made the shifter plate not sit correctly (I knew it wasn't going to help but whatever). Tranny was reinstalled, same problem, tranny was removed and completely rebuilt as the 3rd gear synchro bushing was completely worn out. At 34500 the clutch explodes and the tranny is removed yet again and the clutch is replaced per that good old TSB. Now at 59000, I changed all fluids to Redline 75w90 (trans, transfer, diffs), a couple hundred miles later between 3rd and 4th, starting at around 4000rpm, the grinding between gears is back.
    I'm having Toyota take a look at it and see if the transmission needs to be rebuilt, again. But any ideas on what could be causing this? Too much slip with the clutch, not the correct fluid, etc? Any help would be helpful. Thanks guys!

2. Apr 25, 2011 at 11:35 AM
    rawman2

rawman2 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Mountain View, Ca
    Vehicle:
    09 off-road 4wd 6sp double cab
    trd intake
    yeah yeah, I actually thought about that this morning on the way to work, ha!

3. Apr 25, 2011 at 11:45 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    swap in a racing sequential

Products Discussed in

To Top