1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Samsung Note series phones

Discussion in 'Technology' started by TK-422, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Sep 2, 2019 at 2:21 AM
    TK-422

TK-422 [OP] Toyota! Oh what a feeling.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    So Cal - SCV
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner TEP
    Toytech 2.5 lift BFG KO2 275-70-17
    I have been a fan of Samsung Note Phones for a long time.

My first one was an unlocked Note 2. I rooted it so I could block as many adds as possible.

Next I bought an unlocked Note 4. I also rooted that one so I could swap in SIM cards when we traveled to Switzerland, London and the Philippines. It worked great for that.

Samsung Note series was ahead of most others with the screen size which is what I always preferred. They also gave them the most powerful processors and amount of RAM.

I was just fine with my phone and waited a few versions until I upgraded to an Unlocked Note 8. I have bought all my Notes directly from Samsung to get unlocked phones so they are not tied to the carrier. This has been the best phone (or mobile computer) I have had so far but it has been two years. The most used thing on this phone was the camera. I have taken over 3500 pictures with it. It has been a great phone from browsing the internet, to playing games and a phone call here and now.

Yesterday I received my new Note 10 Plus unlocked from Samsung. The phone is the same size as the Note 8 but they managed to increase the screen size by 1/2" by removing the bezels. 1/2" might not sound like much but on a phone it makes a huge difference. Everything about it just blows away the Note 8. By pre-ordering it from Samsung I got a $350 trade in on the Note 8 plus $150 in chargers, battery packs and more.

So far I am loving this phone.

Products Discussed in

To Top