1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

San Diego Locksmith Review

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by theredofshaw, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Mar 25, 2011 at 5:54 PM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    So my wife was at work the other day and went to her desk drawer to get her car keys...Come to find out, my extra truck key happened to "walk" itself away from her key ring. Seeing as how we work in buildings right across from each other (park in same lot as well) and that the majority of her co-workers know this, I was worried someone would go car to car to find the vehicle said Toyota key would start. I did not like the thought of someone having the key to my Taco and not knowing who that was so...

Called the dealership to find out if they would re-key it and how much. Dealership said they would only replace the locks and it would be two different keys. Total cost, $600 plus programming fee. They in turn referred me to a locksmith here in San Diego.

Larry of Block's Locks has the equipment to do almost anything to any car/truck key out there. I am almost certain he is able to do the all-in-one keys that everyone wants as well as long as you provide the key. Otherwise, he is able to program or re-program keys right there out of the back of his truck.

Overall, it cost $350 and about 2 hours of time. If anyone in San Diego ever needs this done, I recommend him.

Contact info:
    Larry Block
    (619) 429-5625
    1-800-215-5625
    Lic # 536843

(Mods, I think this is the right spot for this)

To Top