1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sattelite radio install questions

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by thebigk, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Nov 30, 2008 at 9:58 AM
    thebigk

thebigk [OP] 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    I'd really like to add Sirius to my Tacoma. Do you guys install it yourself or have a dealer do it? If you do a DIY install where do you mount the antenna? I was thinking of runnin the antenna up under the dash and onto the dash itself.

I'm kinda leary of taking my new truck apart and messing something up. But if it's simple enough.....I'd do it!

Any pics or pointers appreciated!!!

2. Nov 30, 2008 at 10:08 AM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar

I got a professional to do mine! He used both antennas(mine is an xm) that way I would have better service! They took the one that runs to the antenna on the truck and drilled a hole in the firewall, in the passenger side floorboard. The magnetic one they ran behind the dash and up the rubber between the door. They also installed a second plug in behind my cd player, that way I can still use the main one in my truck!!

If antenna in inside of truck I think you will have a harder time getting service.

Here is where they mounted mine!!

[​IMG]

3. Nov 30, 2008 at 10:10 AM
    MT_mudflaps

MT_mudflaps Just playin' on the runways

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Bellflower, CA
    Vehicle:
    Indigo SR5 PreRunner with TRD off road
    That is what I did.
    And used the stereo installation DIY here to help me through connecting up my XM.

I mounted on the panel that's to the left of the stereo column and directly under the vent -- sorry no picture, I'm at work, maybe later.

4. Nov 30, 2008 at 11:09 AM
    wes

wes Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    07 DC sport silver V6 auto
    URD CAI,URD Y-Pipe,,Wet-okle covers,Silverstar headlgt bulbs,Undercover bed cover,black nerf bars,Alpine 9883 Alpine speakers,Pioneer 10" sub,SIRIUS sat. Redline hood struts, white gauge led and shifter light "mod"
    I mounted the antenna on the cab above the 3rd brake light.remove brake light so you can feed the antenna wire into the cab then reseal the light with some marine/all-weather sealant.I mounted my Sirius in the console under the climate controls(had to remove console to work on it)
    .Hope this helps.I have great reception too!

5. Dec 26, 2008 at 11:50 PM
    MT_mudflaps

MT_mudflaps Just playin' on the runways

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Bellflower, CA
    Vehicle:
    Indigo SR5 PreRunner with TRD off road
    :rolleyes: I know I know, it's like a month later... here's a photo of where I put my XM receiver.

XMradio.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top