1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

School me on IFS stuff, please

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by johntoyota, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Apr 6, 2018 at 5:00 PM
    johntoyota

johntoyota [OP] "I'm higher than you'll ever be." -Treetop

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Down yonder in TN
    Vehicle:
    16 truck
    Ive never owned, or at least built an IFS. I have built more straight axles than most, but Ive never played with an IFS and I feel like a newbie. Which I guess in reality I am.

Come about June/July/August I am going to be lifting my '16 TRDOR DCLB. I m not doing the extreme hard core stuff I am used to. Just going to be cruising around Moab and playing on the stuff here in CO. I would like to "be able" to get on tougher stuff but in reality I am just building an overly capable camping rig.

As of now, I am planning on going with Kings with the adjustable resis. I know I probably dont "need" that much coilie but I am approaching 40, have never owned a new truck, and I want nice parts on it for a super cushy comfortable ride on the trails however difficult they may or may not be.

The part I am on the fence about is the UCAs. Yes, that was me that posted about the uniball vs. heim but the responses made me realize that I am ignorant on this subject and I want to learn before I dump a couple few grand in the system. I was leaning toward the Total Chaos as they seem like a quality middle ground. I dont need billet and I dont like cast and beyond that I want to learn.

Any thoughts or tips or advice on how to start my learning curve would be appreciated.

Products Discussed in

To Top