1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Scratched Window Tint

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Add2481TRD, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Apr 13, 2015 at 4:08 PM
    Add2481TRD

Add2481TRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Georgia,SW
    Vehicle:
    15PreRunnerTRDOR
    Bull Bar, Tonneau Cover
    I just noticed two scratches in the tint of my front door windows (2105 Tacoma DBLCB). I have not noticed them before this afternoon. I purchased the truck with 3K miles back in Jan and the windows were already tinted. The scratches appear in about the same location on both the drivers side and the passenger side. They are about 1 1/4" above the window seal and 3" to 5" long. They are just above the position of the inside door handles. Its hard to get a decent picture but attached are two pictures. Has anyone else experienced scratches similar to these on newer Tacomas? If it had been on one side only, I would have chalked it up to someone scratching it with a ring or something. Just wandering if it may be related to something inside the door panel? I never ride with the windows down. If someone has experienced a similar situation and tracked down the source, let me know. Thanks....

20150413_181826[1].jpg
    20150413_181920[1].jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top