1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Scrublades Windshield Wipers

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Rattler, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Aug 6, 2009 at 3:26 AM

Rattler [OP] Wandering But Not Lost

Jul 8, 2009
    Bay City MI
    '04 DoubleCab "3 Lift on 285/75/16s
    All Pro rear bumper with an Ironman Offroad swing-out spare carrier, Bajarack on top, blacked-out grill, Lightforce 140s Mombasa Rooftop Tent
    Well my '04 DoubleCab was in dire need of some new wiper blades. I put some cheapo Autozone ones on @ Feb. but they never last very long. I have tried a few different blades over the years nad the Bosch Icons are great but I cannot afford 2 pair of those often.

Well I happened to see Robbie Gordon was promoting these wipers called Scrublades. They claim to keep bugs and such off the windshield with a double blade and a groove pattern on the sides of the blade. http://www.scrublade.com/ If they can survive Dakar, they will probably survive Michigan.

I ordered a pair for my truck and the wife's '04 Ford Escape (been a good truck, 163k and no major repairs) since she needed a pair and does a ton more highway driving for her job than I do (BTW, the Escape takes the same size as my Taco). I also happened to spot that http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ was carrying them so I figured they would be a good product. I found them a little cheaper at other places but I have had excellent service at SE and will support them if I can.

After having them installed for a couple weeks now, I must say they do a great job keeping bug guts off too. They do seem have a slight streaking to them because of the patterned sides but it isn't anything drastic. They did an excellent job in a really good downpour we got a day or 2 after I installed them too. I haven't given them the offroad test yet but I have been trying to stay away from a lot mud this year anyway.

All in all, if you live where you get a lot of bugs, I would say they are worth it. They weren't much more than a premium blade to begin with and it will save you some scrub time when it comes time to wash your Taco.
  2. Aug 6, 2009 at 4:24 AM

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Capital region, NY
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    I have always had good luck with napa brand.
To Top