1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Seafoam on a 3.4L with 236,000 Miles - Wow!

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by 95tacos, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Dec 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM
    95tacos

95tacos [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma
    I recently got my first taco, a 95 3.4L 4x4 Xtracab. The engine has 236k on it and is nice and strong. No major work has been done to the truck. Only routine maintenance, belts, a radiator at 201k and a clutch at 235k. Since I've had it, it always had a bit of jitter when idleing. I wouldn't call it very rough, but you could feel vibrations through the steering wheel. I picked up a set of NGK plugs and wires as well as a can of Seafoam to proceed with a tune up. I had already ran a can of seafoam through the gas tank and figured since I was replacing the plugs anyways I would try the vacuum line method. So, I pulled the vac hose off the brake booster and let it suck a half a can. I turned it off for 5 min and let it sit, then cranked it back up. There was A TON of white smoke and garbage coming out of the exhaust. I drove it for about 15 minutes before it settled down. I mean, there was an insane amount of junk getting blown out of that engine. When it was all said and done (before I had replaced the plugs and wires) It was idling like a brand new engine. It is also much more quiet than before. There is also a very noticeable difference in throttle response and acceleration. I was a bit apprehensive about doing this with an engine with so many miles but it was the best $8 I've spent on the truck yet. I am definitely a believer now.

2. Dec 19, 2012 at 12:03 AM
    12TRDTacoma

12TRDTacoma Powered by Ford, GM, VW, and Mercedes

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Concordia
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 Supercharged
    Boosted
    Glad to hear it worked out for you bud. Seafoam is a good thing to use on higher mileage engines that have sucked in all of that oil through the intake and have it caked on the valves.

Products Discussed in

To Top