1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sear's tore up my rims and broke 2 TPMS

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by cvillechopper, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Nov 3, 2011 at 6:10 PM
    cvillechopper

cvillechopper [OP] Jackass to the masses

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD Off-Rd 4x4, Roof Rack, Tube Steps
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    So I take my truck in to get new BFG AT KOs (265/75/16) at a reasonable price for my area. They never called to say the truck was ready so I went back after 3 hours and it's in the parking lot. Guy says "Nobody called you? Hmm." I got my keys, jumped in with the wife and little one and off we went. I got about 100 yds before I noticed the TPMS light blinking. Went back and the cashier guy comes out and says, "Yeh, we didn't have the TPMS kits but I can order them." Never mind that I told them I had TPMS and paid for the installation...
    So I go back the next day and have to wonder around the mall for another 2 hours. Get back and the problem is still there. Guy says, "We can't reset it. You'll have to go to a dealer and see if they can fix it." I'm pretty easy going but was about to flip on the guy so just left quietly after letting him know that I'd be calling with the $$ amount they owed me. Get home and read on here about possibly needing to take the pressure down to under 10lbs to reset the sensor so figure I'd give that a try.
    3 of my rims look like someone scribed them 1/2 way around with a screwdriver and the other is gouged badly where they took the wheel weight off. PISSED!
    After giving the first manager an earful and being assured that they would pay to have the sensors fixed (after which I made sure to say "and my wheels") I set up the appointment to have the dealer look at it. Dealer said they damaged 2 of the sensors and it's obvious that they didn't take the wheel weights off before starting to remove the original tires (thus the scrapes).
    Now I'm having to deal with an insurance company since Sear's had to submit it. Anything over $200 goes to their insurance and the sensors alone are over $400. Fun times!!!

Sorry, vent over. Time to go drool over some more pics of Anthracite FJ rims with my new tires on them...

2. Nov 3, 2011 at 6:20 PM
    iroh

iroh Well-Known Member

Member:
    michigander
    Vehicle:
    07 AC SR5 2.7 5MT 4x4
    tonneau
    I can't bring myself to go back to Sears.

First time, they didn't balance my wheels/tires. Took it back and they almost fixed it.

Second time I ordered tires for that same car. Kept getting the runaround on when they were coming in, so 2 months later I go to a local indie shop and buy a set there. A year and a half later I get this phone call... "Mr. ****** your tires have come in" yeah LOL I had already sold the car six months prior.

Remember the Ron White story where his wheel fell off in the parking lot after leaving Sears? I caught it before it happened! THANK GOODNESS the brake rotor starting making all kinds of racket before nasty things happened.

Yeah, no more Sears for me. Some may be good but apparently the one in my area should not be offering automotive services without a staff change.

Products Discussed in

To Top