1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sedona, AZ trip from San Diego, CA

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Spvrtan, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Oct 2, 2016 at 5:28 AM
    Spvrtan

Spvrtan [OP] "Your assembly required."

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    San Diego (North County)
    Vehicle:
    SC'd '14 Tundra; 5.5" lift w/ +2.5 LT; 40s on 17s; 4.88s
    The girlfriend and I finally figured out most of the activities for our 8-day trip (7th-14th) there. A lot of hiking (coming for you, Humphreys Peak), vista points, and sightseeing.. but most importantly: offroading!

On our first day there (on the drive out), we're going to try and hit Cinder Hills OHV for a bit). We'll also be doing Soldier's Pass and Broken Arrow on the 10th while we hit some heritage sites. Now, what's left to do is figure out more trails around Sedona that are worth it (we'll be going up Schnebly Hill to camp for the first two nights) and possibly some around Phoenix because our last night we'll be camping just North of it instead of in Sedona.

Would anyone want to join up for any runs on the 12th or 13th?

I'm in a '14 Tundra (~7" lift, 37s, supercharger, skids, sliders, rear bumper cut off, front steel bumper).

So far, for the 12th we just have.. hike Devil's Bridge, do the short Van Deren Cabin trail, hike Airport Mesa.. but I was thinking about the following trails: Greasy Spoon, Oak Creek Homestead, Smiley Rock, or Mingus Mountain. If you had to choose one or two at most, which?

For the 13th, I was thinking maybe.. Wickenburg Mountains? Backway to Crown King (in reverse, because our camp site for the day is at the South end)? New River Canyon?

We're heading back home on the 14th via the 8W, so if anyone knows some good -- short -- runs along the way, let me know.

2. Oct 4, 2016 at 10:00 PM
    Spvrtan

Spvrtan [OP] "Your assembly required."

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    San Diego (North County)
    Vehicle:
    SC'd '14 Tundra; 5.5" lift w/ +2.5 LT; 40s on 17s; 4.88s
    Awesome! I didn't even stumble upon that one when looking for things to do out there. Do you need a permit for this or can you drive to it? I've been reading mixed articles online where some say you need a permit and some you don't. Then on the tribe's site it says you need a permit for backcountry hiking around the area.

If I remember correctly, both the Cave Springs and Pine Flat campgrounds had showers you could pay for -- unless that's changed if you know.

3. Oct 7, 2016 at 6:39 PM
    BDMcGuire

BDMcGuire Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma OR SBDC
    I'm off work on the 12th and 13th. I'd be down for some fun. I was planning on heading up to Flagstaff again to camp anyways.

4. Nov 2, 2016 at 12:21 AM
    Babish_SD

Babish_SD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    2016 Quicksand Tacoma TRD Sport
    This is amazing, I'm going from SD as well to Sedona, but just the week before you. Was about to make a post very similar to this. Stealing your ideas....and probably still making a post!

Products Discussed in

To Top