1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sell '01 Get '11?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Cdavis, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Oct 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    +1! IMO our trucks are so tough and so badass in their own right-you have a vehicle that will never let you down and never get obsolete. I can see the dilemma here though if you have the room to add a new one in your life-it is tempting. There are few satisfying feelings such as owning a brand new vehicle. There is also the comfort factor too. For example I myself have an issue with the seat but I am 6'1" and 245lbs. I really need an American rig to soak me up. If you don't have that issue then I see no reason to get a new one yet, except if you are bored with yours. Hard to say. It's a quandry. To me I hate to part with cash unless absolutely necessary otherwise it's wasting money. EDIT: I will add that I see you love your truck like I love mine. The reason for it is simple-IMO 2001 was a banner year for our trucks. These trucks are so reliable and tenacious, they actually become "trustworthy" and a "old friend" if you will. Getting you where you need to go, protecting you and yours, hauling amazing amounts of stuff, going where a car cannot, still looking great and without a hiccup. There are a ton of guys here who now own newer Tacomas who speak quite fondly of the 1st-gen they let go and some of them regret the move.

2. Oct 20, 2010 at 1:04 PM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    It always feels great to drive that brand new truck out of the dealership and take it home.............then, a few days later that thick payment book shows up in your mailbox.

3. Oct 20, 2010 at 1:10 PM
    outlawtacoma

outlawtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    W. TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 T4RTRDOR
    I say keep the '01. Put some ATs on it and hit the road. I hate car payments so if you are anything like me, you will run that baby until it cant take anymore which will be a while because we all know Toyotas are unstoppable.

As for Tires I really like my Hankook Dynapro ATMs

4. Oct 20, 2010 at 1:12 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    :ballchain::ohsnap:

5. Oct 20, 2010 at 1:16 PM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins
    dont replace something that isnt broke

6. Oct 20, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    I think if you really need "want" an new truck don't sell your 1st Gen your going to regret it. Keep it I personally like the 1st Gens more then 2nd Gen's that's why I bought one and i don't see myself down grading to a 2nd Gen.
    I'm running 33's and I love the way my truck rides. So what is it you don't like about the ride because if it's MPG's your not going to get much better after you mod the 2nd Gen.

Products Discussed in

To Top