1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sequoia. Anything and everything you got.

Discussion in 'New Members' started by McConnellHand, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Jan 1, 2016 at 3:10 PM
    McConnellHand

McConnellHand [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lane
    Albuquerque
    Vehicle:
    2004 Sequoia 4x4
    Whatever needs to be fixed or upgraded to continue the adventures.
    Good day to everyone here in the forum. I am new to being a member here, have been lurking for a while now all over the site. Fantastic information all over, cannot keep up with everything I want to read.
    Here's the deal. I have an '04 Sequoia. 4.7 i-force V8 amazingly tough vehicle. Bought at 130,000 miles. It is now sitting at 180,000. Does any one have a the same rig, and what maintenance have you seen around this mileage zone? On top of that. What modifications have you done.
    if you have something from a nut replacement, to a full engine swap, I am all ears.

Stay safe. Lane.

2. Jan 1, 2016 at 3:22 PM
    addicus24

addicus24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Super White Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock.Why mess with perfection?Except...
    Welcome, McConnellHand!

3. Jan 1, 2016 at 3:28 PM
    BYBO

BYBO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Byron
    Indiana
    25c779ba_875ba1777c3ce0a7e06809b0337010240f3e535e.jpg

My wife's ride. 2001. We bought it new, it has 175k now. Rear window leaked into rear compartment, now rear window is rusted closed. Replaced both tie rod ends, rusted/broken. Other than that, it's been a great car.

4. Jan 1, 2016 at 3:31 PM
    BORNWILDGUY

BORNWILDGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 TACOMA TRD SPORT DCLB LIFTED W KDMAX-PRO XT TUNE
    FULLY LOADED WITH THE TECH PACKAGE, LEATHER, JBL, LED HEADLIGHTS, MOONROOF, EXTANG FULL TILT COVER, NFAB SIDE STEPS, OEM ROOF RACK, TRD PRO TAILS, WHITE RAPTOR LIGHTS, 15% TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND, BILSTEIN 6112'S W 650# SPRINGS AND 1/4 SPACER, ICON LEAF SPRINGS W 5125 REAR SHOCKS, 18 x 9 -12 Weld Racing Ledge 6 wheels w 275/65r18 Toyo AT III tires
    Hopefully when you bought the vehicle the timing belt was already changed on it. If not that should be your first priority along with having the tranny fluid flushed.

5. Jan 7, 2016 at 2:34 PM
    McConnellHand

Member:
    First Name:
    Lane
    Albuquerque
    Vehicle:
    2004 Sequoia 4x4
    It had a sticker under the hood for a Las Cruces, NM local shop doing the timing belt around 95000. We did a huge road trip up into Oregon this past summer, Truck was at 170,000, so I did the timing the week before. Not to difficult, but keep the parts removed organized. I'll do a tranny flush soon. It has Honestly been a while.

Any way. Here is the rig. We call it the mountain toad.

f174fad7-66e7-4026-a2b8-d461bf0861ed.jpg

6. Jan 7, 2016 at 5:54 PM
    ODNAREM

ODNAREM MEMBER Of The Church Of @ODNAREM

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Huntington Beach,CA.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Prerunner
    TRD catback exhaust,FJ Cruiser trail team wheels,BFG All Terrain K02 tires,Grillcraft front grill,Pelfreybilt IFS/Mid skids,sliders,standard rear bumper,Total Chaos bed stiffeners.TRD Pro Bilstein front/rear suspension.
    Welcome to TACOMA world!

7. May 13, 2016 at 8:56 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    Hey lads - nice rigs. I'm looking into getting a used 8 passenger SUV with the intention of having a nice sleeping area in the back. I'd be removing the back seats as well as the middle ones if they don't fold down flat.

Do you guys think the Sequoia is a good call here or do I need to go bigger (Suburban with a 5.7)? There's a well maintained, clean looking 2002 fully loaded with leather, 189,000 Kms (118k miles) for 8900. These rigs are supposedly built like tanks and ride really nicely but do you have any pics of the cargo area that shows how the seats fold up/remove, and how the back would work for a mattress? Would you need to build a platform to make it level? The truck I'm looking at isn't local so I can't just pop by and see it easily.

Thanks

This is the rig I'm looking at.

00w0w_1Xz8l6kqw5h_1200x900.jpg IMG_2309.jpg IMG_2300.jpg

I hope the back works well for sleeping. If not this, it will likely be a Suburban or a worst-case scenario, a minivan.

8. May 13, 2016 at 10:05 PM
    neverstuck

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    I'd love to know the measurements in the cargo area of the Sequoia with the second and third row of seats removed.

9. May 14, 2016 at 7:49 AM
    Over da Hill

Over da Hill "Roads...where we're going we don't need roads"

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    15 Black Taco 4WD DC SB SC
    Supercharger, Icon stage 3 suspension, Pelfreybilt Armor, All-Pro Sliders & Leaf Pack, 17 inch Black Rhino Sidewinder wheels, 33 inch Toyo tires, Rigid Lighting, SPod,
  10. May 14, 2016 at 4:06 PM
    BYBO

BYBO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Byron
    Indiana
    The rear seats come out. With the middle seats you pull a lever and the back lays against the seat and then the folded assembly rotates up against the back of the front seats. I don't have measurements, cause I'm not at home. You could take the middle row out, but it requires unfolding everything.

11. May 17, 2016 at 12:51 AM
    neverstuck

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    was this meant to be "unbolting" before spellcheck fixed it?

12. May 18, 2016 at 5:35 AM
    McConnellHand

Member:
    First Name:
    Lane
    Albuquerque
    Vehicle:
    2004 Sequoia 4x4
    I'll Make myself a note and get some measurements today. I have the one of the third row seats out for cargo, so I'll fold it all up and see what the total box widths are.

13. May 18, 2016 at 5:48 AM
    BYBO

BYBO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Byron
    Indiana
    Yes the middle row does not normally come out, just folds. You have to unbolt it to remove.

14. May 18, 2016 at 10:55 AM
    McConnellHand

Member:
    First Name:
    Lane
    Albuquerque
    Vehicle:
    2004 Sequoia 4x4
    Alright. Took some measurements for those who have asked. You should see in the attached pics, that from the hinge point on the middle seats folded up, the length is just shy of 6 feet to the jam for the back lift gate. If you removed the seats you could easily gain another foot of space forward. Be mindful that there is the foot area in front of the middle seats, so about a 7 inch drop. Perfect spot to build a small storage compartment.
    123.jpg 1234.jpg12345.jpg
    Also, for those of you that want to string me up for having the interior of my Toad so dirty. Its hard going from a big ass cummins with bed to make a mess in, to having to get everything into the back of the Sequoia. Yes, it needs a cleaning.

neverstuck likes this.
  15. May 23, 2016 at 9:29 AM
    McConnellHand

Member:
    First Name:
    Lane
    Albuquerque
    Vehicle:
    2004 Sequoia 4x4
    Has anyone done the out put shaft seals on the transfer case of the Sequoia, Tundra or 4runner. According to what I am reading they are all done the same way. This is my first time doing it. Any know how or advice would be appreciated.
    I'll try to take pictures as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top