1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Service at the Dealership

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by onepremiere, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Feb 16, 2011 at 9:54 PM
    onepremiere

onepremiere [OP] I Tinker

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Left Coast
    After my 60K Service, I am now waddling.

How many of you take your truck to the dealer for scheduled maintenance?

How many of you follow what Toyota recommends, outlines in the schedule maintenance book?

I do. Yes I the grand scheme of things it is a way for Toyota to make more money. I am ok with that. I always use the same dealership for service. They have records of each and every time I had service to my truck (on time). I guess its a sense of security. Now I understand its at the discretion of the dealership and the service writer, but is a dealership more inclined to take care of problems out of warranty? In good faith? Because they are the ones who are "taking care" of this specific vehicle.

I am just curious. I paid a lot of money for Engine Oil, Front and Rear Diff Oil, Transfer Case Oil, Spark Plugs, Fuel System Treatment, Air Cleaner, Cabin Air Cleaner, and an overall inspection of the vehicle. I want to be sure that in the event that there is a problem, the dealership is going to stand behind me. I am not asking for free parts, but some help.

What do you think?

After the tune up the truck idles smoother and generally feels like its running in tip top shape. As it should.

2. Feb 16, 2011 at 11:44 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    we just had a poll on this.

Very few actually had anyone perform the 60k or any service. Most people can change oil and spark plugs.
    DOn't question the manual, do the service. Just don't pay someone to do it.

NO dealership is going to take care of things outside warranty in "good faith" unless its more expensive for them to document it.

3. Feb 17, 2011 at 8:00 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I won't take my truck back to a dealership after my free 2 Year/ 24 K oil change period is up. I have a local guy that I've taken my cars to for years. I trust him and he's cheaper.

4. Feb 17, 2011 at 10:31 AM
    billwot

billwot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    '11 Access 4 cyl auto SR5
    Ditto here. I'll take advantage of the 25K free service, but after that, its either DIY or my local "good ol' boys" service garage.

But I definitely follow the specified procedures, and save all reciepts and documentation, at least as long as the warranty is in force.

5. Feb 18, 2011 at 8:04 AM
    Tacozoid

Tacozoid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Katy Texas
    Vehicle:
    White Tacoma Pre-runner
    Billsteins,Texas tint. Blue Dash mod. Console mod. in Blue, Customized grille
    [​IMG] I try to do everything I can myself. Oil changes, Spark plugs, Filters, bulbs, even the grill and dash light mod. The Stealership is great for one thing....making $$$$$$ Example: one front wheel bearing...$500.!

Products Discussed in

To Top