1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

shaky handling issues

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by licklick, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Aug 30, 2008 at 9:18 AM
    licklick

licklick [OP] lick

Member:
    boston
    Vehicle:
    08 prerunner sr5
    I am a new Tacoma owner. I have some issues on my new truck. In less than a month, I had 2 Dealer service done on the alingment; still there are problem on handlering; when i drive this truck speed pass 60mph , i feel a lot viberation on steering wheel, and the truck pulling to the left. can anyone help me on this issue? I am going to put the back to dealer for service on these problems again next week. I don't think they have any idea to fix it. Help.......:confused:

2. Aug 30, 2008 at 9:20 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome to TW!
    Tacomas are very sensitive to alignment and tire ballance issues. They should check your tire ballance, then address the alignment. If you can, post your alignment printout that they give you so we can look at it and see if they are doing something wrong. :)

3. Sep 4, 2008 at 7:41 PM
    Major

Major Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2009 V-6 Tacoma Crew TRD off-road
    Husky Liners, Predator Running Boards, Undercover, TRD air filter, TRD front skid plate, TRD front brake pads, tint, TRD bed mat, Alpine Speakers and Alpine Amp, chrome grill cover
    Had the same problem with my 09 DC 4X4 TRD. On my second trip to the dealer (second time different dealer) they got it fixed. They balanced all four tires and did an alignment. On the alignment it was a combination of camber and caster. The camber on right front was in (making it pull some to the right) and the caster on the left was too far back (upright) causing it to feel too tight and requiring constant steering corrections. After the adjustments, drives like a different truck - no wandering and no pull to the right. I still feel the wind somewhat; however, before this alignment it was much more noticable as it complicated an already pre existing condition. I was very unhappy with the way this truck drove (did not drive this one before I bought it as they ordered it from the port at Houston to get options I wanted), now very happy ! :) The description above is what the service manager told me (think I got it right) but it is fixed and that has again made me a happy driver.

4. Sep 14, 2008 at 3:13 AM
    gsxrrider

gsxrrider Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DC PreRunner Indigo
    Banks monster CatBack,Nfab nerfbars, Bed Lights
    I had the same problem on my 07 DC prerunner with steel wheels. I had to have it balanced the first week i owned it. after that i would get vibrations at random times and go away. I drive alot in and i know its not the road conditions. I have had these tires balance by the dealer and Discount tire countless times. After only a year and a half i am out of warranty and my front driverside wheel bearings are going bad at 37,000 miles. I belive its has the do with whatever caused the vibration. Later this month when my lawer gets back from vacation im going to have him Lemon law my truck.

5. Sep 14, 2008 at 6:07 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    gsxrrider keep us informed.

6. Sep 14, 2008 at 6:19 AM
    wing103

wing103 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport / Dark Gray
    Grill Craft upper & Lower Grill WetOK Seat Cover, Devil Horn, Bug, Windows Deflector, Side step Bar, HID 55W 8000K Headlight, HID 35W 4000K Foglight, Fog Light Mod, Interior LED Map Light Mod, Electric Tail Gate Lock, Leer Cab, Key ring light, Bed LED lights Mod, Kenwood DNX5120, Signal Mirror with Heat
    Hi LickLick, This is me, Wing, Happy to see you here.

7. Sep 30, 2008 at 1:01 PM
    rc2125

rc2125 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indiana/Michigan border
    Vehicle:
    19 TRDor
    My 09 DC 4x4 with less than 2kmi, pulses pretty bad when braking.

8. Sep 30, 2008 at 1:10 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    take it back to the dealer....sounds like you have a warped rotor. they may replace both rotors and brake pads..........worth a shot to go see them, as its under warranty.

Products Discussed in

To Top