1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sheeps Bridge Access

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Will Prerunner, May 1, 2010.

1. May 1, 2010 at 2:37 PM
    Will Prerunner

Will Prerunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tempe Az
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD Prerunner Doublecab
    Trail-Gear rock sliders, OME Lift, kobalt tool box, herculined fender flares, CrossFab light bar, Deck plate Mod, Differential Breather Extension, 32"goodyear duratracs Pioneer 3 way speakers, alpine head unit, Boss Bass 600 sub, custom az pinstriping
    I have been out here a few times and it seems like a cool place to wheel, camp, and fish. I always come in from the I-17 or Sevin Springs on Bloody Basin Road. I have seen vehicles on the other side, but am not sure how they got there. Does anybody know how to get there from Bartlett, of Horshoe lake?

2. May 5, 2010 at 9:11 AM
    Gunga

Gunga Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD OffRoad DC 4x4
    You take the road toward Horseshoe Lake. About a mile before the lake there's a horse corral on the left. Take the trail to the right. You should see the trail going across the water. It can be pretty deep sometimes. Check the water release levels from Horseshoe before you go. Don't go by yourself.

3. May 5, 2010 at 10:31 AM
    Lichen

Lichen Well-Known Member

Member:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 2008 FJ
    Lifted, ARB bumper, Warn winch, IPF lights, CB, front locker, camper shell, roof rack
    It is as Gunga said. The release from Horseshoe right now is 400 cfs. That is probably too high to cross. Once you ford the river, follow FS road 479 to the bridge. It's actually a lot quicker way to get there. To check for river flow, go to www.srp.net and click on lake levels and scroll down.

4. May 5, 2010 at 3:18 PM
    Will Prerunner

Member:
    Tempe Az
    Vehicle:
    Trail-Gear rock sliders, OME Lift, kobalt tool box, herculined fender flares, CrossFab light bar, Deck plate Mod, Differential Breather Extension, 32"goodyear duratracs Pioneer 3 way speakers, alpine head unit, Boss Bass 600 sub, custom az pinstriping
    Thanks guys, thats what I was looking to hear, I'll be going this way next time I go. I get tired of getting my teeth jarred out on Bloody Basin Road. Do u guys know what an acceptable Release level from Horshoe is to be able to cross safely?

5. May 7, 2010 at 7:47 AM
    Gunga

Gunga Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD OffRoad DC 4x4
    Depends on your vehicle. I've only gone this way in my Jeep and I didn't care if water was coming in the floor. You may just have to go out there and try it after checking the flow rate. I don't think I'd try it in a Prerunner.

6. May 7, 2010 at 9:56 PM
    Will Prerunner

Member:
    Tempe Az
    Vehicle:
    Is there a chance there is a different way because I have seen stock F-150's and and Ford explorers On tha side of the water? Ive crossed before right at Sheeps Bridge, is it any deeper than that?

7. May 10, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    Gunga

Gunga Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD OffRoad DC 4x4
    No, it's not deeper than at Sheeps Bridge.

8. May 11, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    Lichen

Lichen Well-Known Member

Member:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 2008 FJ
    Lifted, ARB bumper, Warn winch, IPF lights, CB, front locker, camper shell, roof rack
    Flow below Horseshoe has dropped to 230 cfs. I still wouldn't try it without an extra truck with winch or a long tow rope. There may be some deep holes from the past high flows. Also on the srp website, look at flows and you'll see one that says "Verde at Tangle". That will be the flow at Sheep Bridge.

Products Discussed in

To Top