1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shock/aal/5100 or 7100 bilstein

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Terry, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Jun 25, 2009 at 9:01 AM
    Terry

Terry [OP] New Member

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab Long Bed
    2" Lift Kit
    I have a 07 Tacoma Dbl Cab Long Bed w/2" Lift Kit (Truck is Level)
    My problem is that I installed a Bed Slide which dropped the rear about l/2" to 3/4" Down w/a tool box in back. I also haul a boat trailer & utility
    trailer which drops it a little more. I was wondering what the best solution
    is to raise it up might be even if its a little higher than the front. (Add a Leaf/Bilstein 5100 for the Rear/bilstein 7100 for the Rear etc..) I forgot to mention the lift kit in the back already has a 1" block installed.
    Thanks Terry

2. Jun 25, 2009 at 9:05 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Just shocks won't lift up your truck. I would go with an AAL or maybe a block. AAL's and blocks range from 1"-3"s depending on what you want.;)

3. Jun 25, 2009 at 9:08 AM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    I would go with an AAL, it'll be a better ride than a block, and serve your towing purpose better.

Products Discussed in

To Top