1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shock Replacement Advice

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jonnybeer, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Feb 28, 2012 at 11:11 PM
    jonnybeer

jonnybeer [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    2" leveling kit, Airbags, Exhaust, cold air intake, tires/
    Hi all, I am new to the forum and appreciate any input you may have for my dilemma.

A few years ago I put a 2" leveling kit in the front of my 2008 TRD double cab, and airbags in the back. This was to accommodate a bigger tire and increased payload in the box. My stock Bilsteins have been great, but they now feel dead and need replacing.

I have been reading lots of threads on the site and it seems that the Bilstein 5100's may be the way to go.

But please be honest with me. Is this a simple shock replacement or should I consider putting in a real lift such as the Old Man Emu kit? I dont really want to spend the money on a whole new kit, and am hoping you guys will think that my set up with the 5100's will be acceptable.

Thanks for your input!

2. Feb 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    If you are thinking about getting OME kit. Get it, I'm glad I got it. The ride is real nice and what you pay for is well worth it. 5100s are nice, but glad I decided to go with the OME over the 5100s.

Products Discussed in

To Top