1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

shocks lift truck

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tacoma333, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Apr 4, 2012 at 10:37 AM
    Tacoma333

Tacoma333 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    NV
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma doublecab 4wd SR5
    3" lift
    I want to man this truck up a bit. I will have 5k to put into it next year, so I thought I would do a little looking and searching to see what I want to do.

I want new wheels and tires for sure. R16 size, not sure which tire yet

I looked at front and rear bumpers. the front bumpers arnt working for me but this rear one dosn't look bad
    ALL-PRO OFFROAD.jpg

I know I want to give it the look of a lift without the lift???? OH MY! did I just say that:confused: I know I want to avoid a lift, but beef it up a little:D
    I did a little search this morning. If I read this right? If I put Bilstien 5100 coilovers (coils & shocks) that would raise the truck just a bit, right?? or do I need to search a litttle more?

This forum rocks, soo much info in here, I hadn't relized all the things you could do to these trucks
    thank you, for what ever info, you can throw my way

2. Apr 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM
    korslite

korslite Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB Sport
    FOX 2.5 RR's, TC UCAs, TC Spindle Gussets, Allpro Expedition leaf pack, Fox 2.O RR w/ Comp adjusters, 17" ATX Artillery, BFG AT 285's, de-scooped, custom sliders, custom bedrack, Brute Force Fab bumpers, Smittybilt XRC8 winch, ARB locked Rear diff
    There are definitely options out there for adding a small amount of lift. You are on the right track with the Bilsteins which people seem to be happy with. I believe they have a few different settings for ride height. Or, if you want to spend a bit more there are a number of OEM replacement coilovers on the market that are very popular as well, Fox, King, and Icon seem to be the high end options of choice. These will all allow you to run anywhere from 0"-3" lift in front while greatly improving your ride quality over the stock setup. For the rear their are a number of Add-a-leaf setups that will give you a small lift. You can also use th coilovers to level your truck and leave the stock ride height in the rear if you want. There are TONs of options for the Tacomas which is one of the great things about them!

Products Discussed in

To Top