1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shop for ECGS Bushing Install in S. Florida?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by spilser, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Nov 20, 2016 at 6:53 AM
    spilser

spilser [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD OR 4x4 Mag. Gr.
    Should have my lift in shortly after black friday, does anyone know of a reputable shop that has performed the ECGS bushing install in S. Florida? I would prefer a shop that has done this before.

Or maybe someone out there is near Naples that has performed the install and wouldn't mind offering some help for some lunch and a few beers?

I have some basic mechanical skill but would prefer a hand for this task.

Thanks

Spencer

mouse007 likes this.
  2. Dec 1, 2016 at 9:23 AM
    mouse007

mouse007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mauricio
    Weston,Florida.
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road 4x4
    ICON Vehicle Dynamics Uni-Ball UCA, ICON Vehicle Dynamics Extended travel remote reservoir coilovers, with 700# Coils and CDC (Compression Damping Control) Clicker Valves. Dakar Leafs Old Man Emu Nitro Sport Shocks Toyotech U-Bolt flip kit, Goodyear F. & R. extended Stainless Steel Brake lines. aFe Pro Dry drop in air filter. ARB Bull Bar. Weld on AVID Off-Road Rock Sliders W/ Kick Out. Tires: 285/75 R16 BFGoodrich KO/TA's. Light Force Blitz 240's 12v. Warn M-8000 W/ Viking Off-Road Synthetic winch line.

@spilser I got mine done at the dealer, granted a Tech was a buddy of mine. (no longer works with yota).

BUT.. Look up the following TSB (T-SB-0026-15) go to your local dealer, ask to get this done, once you get the green light...!! Find the tech that will do the work and have him put in the ECGS bushing instead of the TSB one.

I am about to do the same with my 4Runner Trail, it's by far the best mod IMHO. Check out my Tacoma build thread, I have a full detail write up on this. Good luck Buddy..!!!!

TAC1 likes this.
  3. Dec 8, 2016 at 8:42 PM
    TAC1

TAC1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tac1
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB O/R 4WD
    Why does your 4Runner need that? Are you having drive-line vibes?

4. Dec 9, 2016 at 10:38 AM
    mouse007

Member:
    First Name:
    Mauricio
    Weston,Florida.
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road 4x4
    ICON Vehicle Dynamics Uni-Ball UCA, ICON Vehicle Dynamics Extended travel remote reservoir coilovers, with 700# Coils and CDC (Compression Damping Control) Clicker Valves. Dakar Leafs Old Man Emu Nitro Sport Shocks Toyotech U-Bolt flip kit, Goodyear F. & R. extended Stainless Steel Brake lines. aFe Pro Dry drop in air filter. ARB Bull Bar. Weld on AVID Off-Road Rock Sliders W/ Kick Out. Tires: 285/75 R16 BFGoodrich KO/TA's. Light Force Blitz 240's 12v. Warn M-8000 W/ Viking Off-Road Synthetic winch line.
    @TAC1 My Runner, does not have drive-line vibes. From what I've read, the drive shafts on the 4Runner are not the same as the Tacoma, so I understand they don't suffer from this problem in "Stock" ride height, may be lifted do to the angel..?

The ECGS bushing replaces the weak factory needle bearing. The Toyota IFS system is designed to have a bit of play on the left side axle shaft. the bushing ECGS sells is completely solid, and doesn't allow play, making it stronger and smother both in stock & lifted height.

Honestly, its a $60.00 dollar part, well worth it and if you can get a Toyota tech to do this under the TSB your golden..!!! I haven't ordered mine, but will be and hoping to get it don at my 5K service.

TAC1[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Dec 9, 2016 at 2:37 PM
    TAC1

TAC1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tac1
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB O/R 4WD
    Interesting! I did not know that there was even a TSB for this. I do know about the ECGS bushing because it is so popular with the 4WD tacoma owners.
    Keep in mind that this is my (my wifes) 1st 4WD. $60.00 is well worth it. Let me know how it goes. You'll most likely hit the 5,000 mile mark before my wife does.

mouse007[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Dec 9, 2016 at 6:54 PM
    spilser

spilser [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD OR 4x4 Mag. Gr.
    Lift just came in, I am going to try mouse007's trick with the dealer if the vibes show up. Thanks for the tip!

IMG_20161209_155425.jpg

TAC1 and mouse007 like this.
  7. Dec 9, 2016 at 8:35 PM
    mouse007

Member:
    First Name:
    Mauricio
    Weston,Florida.
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road 4x4
    @spilser WOW...!!! Nice set up, the BP-51's are amazing. I have a few buddy's running them, I'm sure you'll be very pleased.
    I would do the ECGS bushing regardless, its by far the one of the best improvements I've done to my Tacoma. Please let me know if you come across a Tech that's willing to do the job. I will do the same, once I hit the 5k.

Mr. @TAC1 I only have 1,000 miles.. You've got a few months on me. Let's race to 5K..!!!

TAC1 likes this.
  8. Dec 22, 2016 at 12:22 PM
    TAC1

TAC1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tac1
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB O/R 4WD
    On your mark,,,, get set..... ;)

mouse007[QUOTED] likes this.