1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shopping for my First Tacoma! 4x4 enough or do I need Offroad?

Discussion in 'New Members' started by moulin6801, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Mar 26, 2010 at 10:06 PM
    moulin6801

moulin6801 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey guys, I am new to the forum, shopping for a Tacoma. Test drove a Off-road today. It was fun, but a little of the rough side... my question is this.
    I would love to do a little off-road with my boys (3 small boys). I never done any off-roading before, since I never had a car for it, but I have always loved taken a dirt bike for a jump or 2.
    So, now that I test drove the TRD 4x4 off road, Crew cab. I am wondering if I get one, or if I would be happier with just a 4x4 TRD package.
    Is that enough to do some off-roading with?? How is the ride of the TRD compared to the off-road version.
    So far, i have not heard of any places in Nashville to go off road... so I am not sure if I will be able to do that much anyways...
    Well, I appreciate any feedback you guys can give me, since I am a little confused and wish/wash about what to get!
    Thanks in advance!!
    David
    PS: I did not see any SR5 on the lot, but what is the difference between TRD and SR5. I had a lousy says guy that knew shit about the trucks... i will have to find another sales guy when I return to the dealer...

Products Discussed in

To Top