1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Short Tube Installation Shops - Hou, TX

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Lurkin, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Aug 17, 2012 at 10:13 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    I realize that there is a TX folder and a Houston thread, but I've seen quite a few of the local performance types posting here, so I thought I would start here.

I am considering getting the DTSTs and I am looking for recommendations on where to get them installed in the Houston area. I know the "reliable exhaust shop" line and can also search them out, but I want to get some advice from those that have actually done a ST install or know someone who has, since I would more then likely have a shop remove the stockers, do the welding and install the headers.

I am on the south side of Houston but would be willing to drive a bit if necessary. I am a bit leary of even trying the DTSTs as I don't like mods that I can't totally back out of (without serious backout cost anyway), but I also want to try the next round of NA mods. I've also been considering the URD CAI and MAF Cali, but I am still very concerned about that CAI with my Grillcraft.

2. Aug 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM
    outlaw7

outlaw7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    PacNorWest
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd sport
    Not sure where torspd is in the houston area but he gets almost all his work done at powerfab. They did a set of shorties for his girl I believe. Shoot him a pm.

3. Aug 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Thank you Outlaw. You are correct sir.

You have a few options as far as how you want to install the headers. Just depends on if you want to spend extra or not. Let me find a link.

Here you go. This is what I had done to my girl's truck.

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38141

That is just one option. Once you check it out, then ask whatever next questions you have, and I will be happy to help.

Products Discussed in

To Top