1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Should I buy a new air filter?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by pgiroua, May 10, 2012.

1. May 10, 2012 at 8:21 PM
    pgiroua

pgiroua [OP] Geaux Tigers

Member:
    First Name:
    Royce
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Fog Lights "a la Caribe Style", 20% Tint, csjumper2003's LED's (dome, map lights, park lights), Sylvania ZXE headlights and fog lights, Tonnopro Bed Cover, DTRL on any time mod by piercedtiger, Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100's (front and back), OME 883 Coils, All Pro Standard Leaf Pack
    I wanted to get everyone's opinion on if I should buy a new filter for the used K & N CAI that I just purchased. Spare me the 'I wasted my money' and 'it's garbage' talk please. The person I bought it from said that they cleaned and oiled it after they took it off so it's ready to go but how can I tell if it's over/under oiled? Is there a dry filter,from another manufacturer, that will fit the K & N CAI that I could purchase?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. May 11, 2012 at 4:53 AM
    novanut21

novanut21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    North Central,WV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD SPORT
    AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat-back, TRD S/C, TRD Quickshifter, URD Fuel Pump Kit, Wet Okoles Front&Rear, WeatherTech Mats, Sockmonkey Decals, Satoshi grille, JBA "shorty" headers, URD Y-Pipe, TTC Oil Catch Can, Lotek Dual Apillar gauge pod w/ Autometer Phantom II AFR & Vac/Boost, URD Pulley, HID Retrofit.
    Pics? And if you think its not oiled properly just pick up a recharge kit and clean and re-oil it. Your gonna have to do it at some point down the road. Spectra & AFE also make cone filters and I believe afe has non oiled ones. I know that the intake tube on my K&N CAI was the same size as the AFE CAI I put on a few months ago.

3. May 11, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    pgiroua

pgiroua [OP] Geaux Tigers

Member:
    First Name:
    Royce
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Fog Lights "a la Caribe Style", 20% Tint, csjumper2003's LED's (dome, map lights, park lights), Sylvania ZXE headlights and fog lights, Tonnopro Bed Cover, DTRL on any time mod by piercedtiger, Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100's (front and back), OME 883 Coils, All Pro Standard Leaf Pack
    Thanks for the input nova!

Products Discussed in

To Top