1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Should i buy OEM black/gray fenders or wrap it?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Airwolf NSX, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Feb 5, 2010 at 2:15 AM
    Airwolf NSX

Airwolf NSX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Irvine, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab
    For those of you guys who have black/gray fenders, i love that look..

I haven't had the opportunity to see a wrapped fender, but i assume it would come out good..

My questions are:
    1) If it's wrapped, can you tell that it's been wrapped?
    2) How much are OEM black/gray fenders?
    3) Approximatley how much does it cost to wrap fenders?

2. Feb 5, 2010 at 3:16 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    1) I'm sure you can't really tell...but I've never seen anyone o it.
    2) About 270 for EACH front and 340 or so for EACH back.
    3) ::shrug::

Good luck.

3. Feb 5, 2010 at 6:32 AM
    mr.ernst

mr.ernst Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner bone stock
    I should have a set of the OEM black fenders for sale in about 3 weeks. If you're interested you can shoot me a PM so I can remember your name when I pull them off. Truck only has about 5k miles on it, and has only seen the highway so they're just like new.

I don't know what shipping from Louisiana to California is going to run you though, but I can check.

4. Feb 5, 2010 at 6:54 AM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Wrap is cheaper and looks very good. Toyota thought that I had the Rugged Trail when I take it in for service. If mr.ernst can get you the fenders that would work too...becareful the tabs break easy.

$200 to wrap the 4 fendors in whatever color you want. Mine are in Flat Black. Install in San Diego. Make a trip out of it and I'll go wheeling with you after.

5. Feb 5, 2010 at 2:12 PM
    Airwolf NSX

Airwolf NSX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Irvine, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab
    thanks for the post tri..

When they wrapped it, they wrapped it while your fenders were on, right? I'm just wondering if they cut into the molding/strip that sits between your fender and body of the car when wrapping... that black rubber strip..

6. Feb 5, 2010 at 2:37 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    It is cut right before the molding as the vinyl will not stick to the molding. He is very careful not to damage the mold or fender. come to a meet and you can see mine. Let me know if you have any more question.

Products Discussed in

To Top