1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shouldn't have done it...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Gearheadesw, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Dec 4, 2016 at 1:27 PM
    Gearheadesw

Gearheadesw [OP] must modify

Member:
    Davenport Fl
    Vehicle:
    1 truck 1 car 1 motorcycle
    Went and test drove a 2017 TRD OR AC 4x4 with the v-6 and auto. This is the first 3rd gen I'v driven in or driven. As I was expecting after reading all the 3rd gen stuff, it's a little soft on the bottom just above idle to like 2,500 - 3000 rpm. Didn't try the ect button, but it honestly wasn't as bad (slow) as I was thinking, just a different power band. Liked the truck a lot, but they can't get the numbers where I want them yet, we'll see. I didn't see the locker button in the same place, or any place, to activate the rear locker, is it in the multi terrain knob up in the overhead console? The interior is a clear advantage, as is the fuel milage, smells all new, and has no off road scratches, yet...

2. Dec 5, 2016 at 1:11 AM
    boynoyce

boynoyce .

Member:
    Vehicle:
    16SR5AC4X4V6QS
    My last truck was a 5 speed manual 19 year old beast that needed to be retired, so the 2016 is a big improvement. Since it is the first vehicle I have owned with an automatic transmission, I manage the quirky powerband and actually like it quite a bit. I also drive it very conservatively for the most part, so I am very happy with it. I get how some members are having problems, but I think the hate is skewed because "internets".
    Mine is an SR5, so not sure about the locker, but if you can handle the disproportionate shitstorm, you might get an answer posting in the 3rd gen forum. I see that you have been around for a while, so you get my drift.

3. Dec 6, 2016 at 4:18 PM
    Gearheadesw

Gearheadesw [OP] must modify

Member:
    Davenport Fl
    Vehicle:
    1 truck 1 car 1 motorcycle
    Yes, I do get your drift, nothing in the 3rd gen section doesn't turn into a shitstorm...
    So far they haven't got to where I want them to be numbers wise, they could, but don't want to budge on their truck's price.

4. Dec 6, 2016 at 5:02 PM
    SuperBad

SuperBad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM Tacoma OR DCSB
    Truck stuff
    The locker button is up with the Mutli-terrain select/Crawl control knob. The Traction control button is also with it. I've been happy with my 3rd gen but its also my first Tacoma. I had never driven a previous gen tacoma. The powers available, you just have to press the peddle down far enough and get the rpm up above 3k. Never felt the need to use the ECT except on a trip to Colorado on some steeps climbs and keep it from trying to go into 6th all the time.

5. Dec 6, 2016 at 5:08 PM
    WBF610

WBF610 Member well known

Member:
    First Name:
    Carey
    Eastern PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 DC OR
    mats, flaps, and stickers. Extang solid fold 2.0. Mobtown sliders and full skids. AVS vents
    This.
    locking diff.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top