1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Show off your aux fuse panels.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Newlife, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Aug 31, 2017 at 12:25 PM
    bagleboy

bagleboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Norcal, Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2014 5-lug AC 2.7L VVTI
    Snug top Rebel, Thule tracks, ditch tracks, Bagged rear suspension, F/R anytime camera, intermittent wiper switch...
    Far as I can tell there's a fair amount of DIY involved with any of them unless you find someone to install it for you. Preassembled switchbacks can ease the pain but you still need to make up the wires after you push them through the firewall. You can get bullhead connectors that allow you to plug the two sides together but that just shifts pita DIY to another form.

You either have to enjoy doing it or cursing it.

malburg114 and outxider like this.
  2. Aug 31, 2017 at 12:37 PM
    outxider

outxider Never stop exploring. Rest in Paradise Big Bro.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sang
    East Bay, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4x4
    A few mods here and there and counting....
    I'm having fun building it. It can be intimidating for one to install a fusebox along with all their accessories. I already have everything hooked up, its just a matter of removing the power wires and inserting them into the fuse block and relocating the relays for a cleaner look.

lynyrd3 and BassAckwards like this.
  3. Sep 2, 2017 at 4:07 AM
    lynyrd3

lynyrd3 STRENGTH DETERMINATION MERCILESS FOREVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2008 SR5 AC SUPER WHITE V6 4x4 AT / 2020 RAV4 XLE
    Bilstein 6112s top setting ,Total Chaos UCAs ,1/4" top plate spacer driver side ,SS extended brake lines ,Old Man Emu Medium Duty Dakar leaf springs with AAL,OME carrier bearing shim , Bilstein 5125s for 2-3” of lift in rear ,Timbren SES bump stops , SS extended brake lines rear , Toytec dif drop , Hayden high performance transmission fluid cooler,aFe pro dry air filter .Baja amber driving combo ditch lights , Devil horns by Andres ,Weathertecs floor protector, American Racing wheels Baja 17x8,4.5 BS , 285/70 Falken Wildpeaks AT/3W .Body Armor rear bumper . Extra D rings in bed ,Blue sea fuse block and 100amp breaker ,HomerTaco custom grill in Super White , TRD radiator cap ,Birddawg Industries rear view mirror riser bracket ,Coverking NeoSupreme Mossy Oak seat covers , Paranoid Fabrications fuse /relay holder Painted pinch weld.Shorty antenna ,HVAC knob mod ,LED dome and map lights , Tri Fold bed cover ,UltraGauge ,Morimoto XB LED fog lights ,Energy Suspension poly body bushings and sway bar bushings ! Geartech Customs splash guards ,Salex center console organizer . Mobtown tailgate cap ,tailgate anti theft mod .X-Mat sound deadening/insulation cab floor . Mobtown weld on rock sliders 0* with kickout Raptor lined . ,NEW frame courtesy of Toyota !
  4. Sep 6, 2017 at 1:52 PM
    clc clc

clc clc Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 reg cab tacoma/2020 subaru crosstrek
    Yes that's the panel we made. Using the 2 traditional holes in the fender and the front breather mount holes for support.

5. Sep 6, 2017 at 1:55 PM
    3378jakesr5

3378jakesr5 AOF, trucks, guns, repeat....

Member:
    First Name:
    jake
    littleton colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 DCLB silver taco. Soild axle swapped, Bumpers, armor, expo..... Money pit. Yata yata yata
    Better to ask what I have not done.
    Here is mine in the engine bay, one of three on the truck
    IMG_5090.jpg

6. Sep 6, 2017 at 3:18 PM
    buyobuyo

buyobuyo Read The Fucking Manual

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Camden, AR
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5, I4, Manual, Silver
    A thing or two...
    What's that piece you have your breakers and dual battery switch mounted to that runs under the battery. Did you make it? It looks a little like the Shrockworks ACR/Fuse Tray.

7. Sep 6, 2017 at 3:22 PM
    lynyrd3

lynyrd3 STRENGTH DETERMINATION MERCILESS FOREVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Central Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2008 SR5 AC SUPER WHITE V6 4x4 AT / 2020 RAV4 XLE
    Bilstein 6112s top setting ,Total Chaos UCAs ,1/4" top plate spacer driver side ,SS extended brake lines ,Old Man Emu Medium Duty Dakar leaf springs with AAL,OME carrier bearing shim , Bilstein 5125s for 2-3” of lift in rear ,Timbren SES bump stops , SS extended brake lines rear , Toytec dif drop , Hayden high performance transmission fluid cooler,aFe pro dry air filter .Baja amber driving combo ditch lights , Devil horns by Andres ,Weathertecs floor protector, American Racing wheels Baja 17x8,4.5 BS , 285/70 Falken Wildpeaks AT/3W .Body Armor rear bumper . Extra D rings in bed ,Blue sea fuse block and 100amp breaker ,HomerTaco custom grill in Super White , TRD radiator cap ,Birddawg Industries rear view mirror riser bracket ,Coverking NeoSupreme Mossy Oak seat covers , Paranoid Fabrications fuse /relay holder Painted pinch weld.Shorty antenna ,HVAC knob mod ,LED dome and map lights , Tri Fold bed cover ,UltraGauge ,Morimoto XB LED fog lights ,Energy Suspension poly body bushings and sway bar bushings ! Geartech Customs splash guards ,Salex center console organizer . Mobtown tailgate cap ,tailgate anti theft mod .X-Mat sound deadening/insulation cab floor . Mobtown weld on rock sliders 0* with kickout Raptor lined . ,NEW frame courtesy of Toyota !
    IMG_4993.jpg

outxider likes this.
  8. Sep 6, 2017 at 3:22 PM
    3378jakesr5

Member:
    First Name:
    jake
    littleton colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 DCLB silver taco. Soild axle swapped, Bumpers, armor, expo..... Money pit. Yata yata yata
    Its from @HeliMedic at off grid engineering, they went through and set my whole electrical system up correctly in my truck. IMG_5120.jpg

Stryker420, Manfred and Whitecloud like this.
  9. Sep 6, 2017 at 3:32 PM
    buyobuyo

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Camden, AR
    Vehicle:
    A thing or two...
    Nice.

Are those red things on your coil bucket brace finned coilover reservoirs?

10. Sep 6, 2017 at 3:33 PM
    3378jakesr5

Member:
    First Name:
    jake
    littleton colorado
    Vehicle:
    Yes they are.

Stryker420 and buyobuyo[QUOTED] like this.
  11. Sep 6, 2017 at 3:40 PM
    buyobuyo

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Camden, AR
    Vehicle:
    A thing or two...
    Very cool. I've never seen shock reservoirs mounted in the engine bay before, and finned reservoirs are a rare sight too. What brand are you running? Kings in a custom color or something else? Did you build your coil bucket brace? I just picked up some brackets from @jeffz0rz to build an over engine brace for my build at some point.

3378jakesr5[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Sep 6, 2017 at 3:41 PM
    3378jakesr5

Member:
    First Name:
    jake
    littleton colorado
    Vehicle:
    They are pro fender (european company) and the brace was built by me when i did the sas i lost all torsional strength in the frame thats why its so large.

Stryker420 and buyobuyo[QUOTED] like this.
  13. Sep 6, 2017 at 3:56 PM
    buyobuyo

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Camden, AR
    Vehicle:
    A thing or two...
    Thanks for the info. I think this is the first time I've seen an over engine brace on a SAS'ed Taco. I'm putting together an LT setup myself. Parts are starting to pile up, but I've got more to order still. I'll also need to find a local shop to do the welding for me. I can weld, but I don't have a welder, garage/shop to work in, space to store the welder, and am out of practice. :rofl:

3378jakesr5[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Sep 7, 2017 at 10:18 AM
    BenTheMan

BenTheMan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 AC
    Truck Nutz
    Is changing your spark plugs a nightmare with that brace in the way? Or do you remove it?

15. Sep 7, 2017 at 10:54 AM
    3378jakesr5

Member:
    First Name:
    jake
    littleton colorado
    Vehicle:
    You can remove it and changing the sparkpugs are not that hard with all that room in there :D

Stryker420 and BenTheMan[QUOTED] like this.
  16. Sep 7, 2017 at 12:58 PM
    BrotherBudro

BrotherBudro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5 Access Cab, V6 4X4
    Leer 100XR, Dual Battery, Dog Platform, Sleeping Platform, Ham, CB, Light Bar, Rear Lights,
    Noob needing help here!

I am too scared to go poking around my new ride and moving around wires so I'm having a local place do the install for me but I have some questions on what I need to supply them.

I have bought the OGE Side by Side dual battery kit + the Blue sea 6 circuit fuse box and install kit (wires to make it happen). I plan on running: Front LED Light Bar, Rear LED light pods, HELLA Horn, DC Powerblock to the back, a CB, and leaving one open for... something.

What else do I need to make this setup happen? I know the lights and horn have relays, does the BS box hold relays or do I need a separate relay holder like this one? Do I need some sort of mount to put the new fuse box on?

Thanks!

17. Sep 7, 2017 at 2:48 PM
    CenCal805

CenCal805 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    California
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD OR AC
    Sorry, I'm pretty much a newb when it comes to wiring myself so I can't answer your question. But, just out of curiosity, what type of place did you find that was comfortable installing your system? I've already installed my battery system, but want to find somebody to do the the fuse panel, the switch inside the cab and to mount a 12v panel in the bed. Is it a stereo shop or an automotive shop?

18. Sep 7, 2017 at 4:55 PM
    BrotherBudro

BrotherBudro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5 Access Cab, V6 4X4
    Leer 100XR, Dual Battery, Dog Platform, Sleeping Platform, Ham, CB, Light Bar, Rear Lights,
    My local Leer dealer. They do all types of "Truck Accessories" (lifts, suspension, electronics, etc.). I went in last week, ordered the Leer, told them that when I brought it in for the install, I would also be doing a handful of other things, (lights, horn, etc.). I mentioned "dual battery setups" and he said they do them all the time, no big deal. So we'll see how it goes once my top comes in in...3-4 weeks?

19. Sep 7, 2017 at 9:36 PM
    bagleboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Norcal, Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2014 5-lug AC 2.7L VVTI
    Snug top Rebel, Thule tracks, ditch tracks, Bagged rear suspension, F/R anytime camera, intermittent wiper switch...
    The CB won't need a relay but the others will each need one. The blue sea box is just for the fuses that protect the wires to each auxiliary. You can use a relay holder like that but yes you will also need a mountain for the fuse box. Member yotomac has some for sale.

20. Sep 8, 2017 at 4:27 AM
    bagleboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Norcal, Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2014 5-lug AC 2.7L VVTI
    I'm thinking this breaker should have been at the battery end of the cable. Mounted here it only acts as a on/off for the fuse box plus protection for ~3" of cable. A short anywhere in the rest of the cable would not trigger the breaker and quite easily slag the vehicle. Unless there's also a fuse or breaker back at the battery but that doesn't seem likely. Still, not a bad idea for location for the fuses and probably easier to access than the stock coin holder location.

Products Discussed in

To Top