1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Showing/logging low RPM stumble?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by gw204, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Apr 15, 2019 at 9:22 PM
    richwhat03

richwhat03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    I hope for your sake we don't have the same issue. But I was having this issue before (2016 4x4 DCSB TRD Sport). Truck is currently in the shop replacing transmission and torque converter. I'll let you know if it goes away when I get it back

2. Apr 16, 2019 at 6:50 PM
    gw204

gw204 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Apologies for the delay in reporting back. At this point I don't recall the exact order of events but the main points are:

- I was told Toyota never responded to the dealer after the data streams were submitted.
    - The tech apparently called Toyota for an update and was told everything in the streams looked normal and the truck was operating as designed.

Been just living with it since. Not sure if it's a real feeling or just my frustration level going up, but the truck seems to be driving worse than before at this point. It has to go in for it's 20K mile service soon. I'm going to bring things up again...as well as point out the TSB for shudder when slowing down that they can't seem to replicate even though it does it at every stop.

Honestly, I don't expect this truck to ever be satisfactory so I'm making plans to trade it for something else. Will most likely go back to a Tundra or jump ship and go Nissan Frontier. Very disappointing Toyota. :(

Products Discussed in

To Top