1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Side Mirror Replacements?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TNKATOY, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Apr 30, 2020 at 5:56 PM
    TNKATOY

TNKATOY [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Nebraska, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport
    20" XD Rockstars, 20x1250x33 Toyo, 3" lift, 5% tint all the way around
    Hit a pheasant the other day and broke the housing on my passenger side mirror. Looking into replacements and there's a million different options. I'd like to take the opportunity to get heated mirrors as well but its not a necessity.

2010 Tacoma Sport DCSB super white.

Should I try and find a salvage yard? ebay or Amazon a pair of power mirrors? tow mirrors(I do pull 2 smaller trailers)? I'm at a loss here.

I'd like to get super white again. but I have a black camper shell and black wheels... so black mirrors might not look too bad. I dunno. Help me out. Links would be great if possible too.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Apr 30, 2020 at 6:02 PM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    I bought mine on ebay from a wreck being parted out. Should be easy to fiind one. Also easy to replace

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    TNKATOY[OP] likes this.
  3. May 1, 2020 at 2:21 AM
    fixer5000

fixer5000 the logical one

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2018 4runner limited in nautical blue
    cheapest option is 1a auto www.1aauto.com factory color replacements can go from 250 to 250 bucks

TNKATOY[OP] likes this.
  4. May 1, 2020 at 4:39 AM
    pearing

pearing Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2015 SR5 quadcab
    So, I am looking into mirrors lately but haven't pulled a trigger yet but I can offer some advice. If you go aftermarket, go with CAPA approved. Bumps the price (still less than OEM) but they aren't complete junk-found this out the hard way on my Sienna... Since Toyota didn't do heated Taco mirrors you are going to need to do some wiring and such-there are several good threads in TW about that, AND they can help with the search for mirrors. Take offs are another option, but you still have to get the heated mirror glass or element and install. I am going for heat, puddle light and turn signal so I am looking at a 4 runner mirror conversion. I have heating elements for Tacoma mirrors... bought them last fall with a switch. Installed the switch and then never had time to finish the wiring to the mirrors. I will make you a screaming deal if your interested. There is a towing mirror already set up for heat out there and several TW members run it and are happy. I looked at it, but my garage has a narrow door and the truck just fits as is, don't want to make late winter back ins any more difficult.
    Here are two I found real quick:

Amazon.com: Trail Ridge Tow Mirror Power Textured Black Flip-Up Pair Set for Toyota Tacoma: Automotive

Toyota Tacoma 2005-2015 Towing Mirrors LED Lights Power Heated | A1285UU3221 - TopGearAutosport

I had looked at the flip ups.

Good luck and hope this helps some.

Pat

t0nyvalenzuela and TNKATOY[OP] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top