1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

side swiped a tree

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by mudjunkie, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Aug 3, 2008 at 6:58 PM
    mudjunkie

mudjunkie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    clearwater fl
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma sx l
    header,short rack and pinion, heavy duty shocks, grill guard, flowmaster exhaust,pacesetter header without catalytic converter, one 10 inch xant sub with a mtx amp, off road lights,diamondplate tool box,rhinolined inside cab,ngk plugwires.
    i side swiped a tree today and i dented my back fender i used a block of dry ice to get most of the dent but i did not get ti all does anyone know of some trick to remove dents

2. Aug 3, 2008 at 7:00 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    dent puller maybe?? just a suggestion.

3. Aug 3, 2008 at 7:04 PM
    mudjunkie

Member:
    clearwater fl
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma sx l
    header,short rack and pinion, heavy duty shocks, grill guard, flowmaster exhaust,pacesetter header without catalytic converter, one 10 inch xant sub with a mtx amp, off road lights,diamondplate tool box,rhinolined inside cab,ngk plugwires.
    i know but i dont want to tap into the metal i know someone has a trick the dry ice worked real good

4. Aug 3, 2008 at 7:09 PM
    jonny_jard

jonny_jard Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco
    3" suspension lift, bull bar, IPF 100w flood light system, side bars, custom fit leather seat covers, URD CAI, URD MAF calibrator,
    the dry ice works great for smaller creases and dents. I googled dent removal and found the dry ice deal, try searching for something that might work better for you. I've also used a toilet plunger in the past to pull bigger dents that were not creased. you can also try to get in-behind the dent and push it back, after that you would use the dry ice to get the remainder of it out.

Good luck, take pics.

5. Aug 3, 2008 at 7:15 PM
    mudjunkie

Member:
    clearwater fl
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma sx l
    i should of taken a pic of the before and after that damn tree just jumped out at me

Products Discussed in

To Top