1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sierra Expeditions hosts Bill Burke's 4-Wheeling America's first 25th Birthday Party

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by FlyingWil, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Dec 6, 2010 at 6:08 AM
    FlyingWil

FlyingWil [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Wil
    Sonoran Desert
    Vehicle:
    01 DC Expedition Ready
    Shrockworks Front Bumper, LightForce 240's, PIAA 510's,T-Max 9000 competition winch with Outback (longer drum) and modified brake wireless controller and Masterpull line with Viking safety thimble, Rugged Ridge Hawse, Daystar Winch isolator, SAW Racerunner 2.5 coilovers, Safari Snorkel, IBS dual battery system with RBM, Scangauge II, Total Vision self spotting kit and monitor with aux output and remote, Low Tek Gauge pod with Cyberdyne gauges for fridge and battery, Yeasu FT-7800 head unit mounted in ceiling linner and speaker Larson Hood mount, Uniden Pro 520XL CB radio in the ash tray location,'lil Wil Mag mount antenna, Odessey 1200 MJT & Die Hard Plat. dual batteries, Can-Back with extra mounts, Blue Sea 12 st Fuse Box, 100 Amp 100 Amp Relay, Extremeaire & 5 Gal air tank w/ 145 psi switch, Custom bed drawer system, Engel Mt-45 with TwoZone, protective covers, and Engel Slide Eezi-Awn 1600 RTT w/ Ikea LED light mod, and sheet set, CBI offroad Expedition rear bumper, jerry can tir
    Sierra Expeditions is pleased to announce that we will be hosting Bill Burke's 4-Wheeling America's Birthday Party in AZ. Luckily we are the first of the Birthday Parties around the US and we would like to congratulate and celebrate their 25 years by raising the bar for all other parties. Come on out January 15, 2011 from noon to 3pm for a BBQ, birthday cake and door prizes! BB4WA T-shirts will be for sale with their brand new logo - $25/ea.

[​IMG]

Let's do what we can to make this first 25th party the one to remember for BB4WA. Please note that there is an e-mail to RSVP so that we know how big of a cake to get, bb4waATbb4waDOTcom.

12:00 to 3:00pm

Sierra Expeditions
    1435 E University Dr. Ste C-101
    Tempe, AZ
    Google Place Page
    Post up and RSVP via the email above if you plan on attending, and help spread the word.

2. Dec 6, 2010 at 9:32 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    RSVP. Bump!

3. Dec 6, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    I signed up on facebook

4. Dec 6, 2010 at 12:16 PM
    FlyingWil

Member:
    First Name:
    Wil
    Sonoran Desert
    Vehicle:
    01 DC Expedition Ready
    Shrockworks Front Bumper, LightForce 240's, PIAA 510's,T-Max 9000 competition winch with Outback (longer drum) and modified brake wireless controller and Masterpull line with Viking safety thimble, Rugged Ridge Hawse, Daystar Winch isolator, SAW Racerunner 2.5 coilovers, Safari Snorkel, IBS dual battery system with RBM, Scangauge II, Total Vision self spotting kit and monitor with aux output and remote, Low Tek Gauge pod with Cyberdyne gauges for fridge and battery, Yeasu FT-7800 head unit mounted in ceiling linner and speaker Larson Hood mount, Uniden Pro 520XL CB radio in the ash tray location,'lil Wil Mag mount antenna, Odessey 1200 MJT & Die Hard Plat. dual batteries, Can-Back with extra mounts, Blue Sea 12 st Fuse Box, 100 Amp 100 Amp Relay, Extremeaire & 5 Gal air tank w/ 145 psi switch, Custom bed drawer system, Engel Mt-45 with TwoZone, protective covers, and Engel Slide Eezi-Awn 1600 RTT w/ Ikea LED light mod, and sheet set, CBI offroad Expedition rear bumper, jerry can tir
    Right on! Make sure and RSVP via e-mail too. bb4waATbb4waDOTcom

5. Dec 7, 2010 at 2:39 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    I don't do facebook but I will send you one of those electronic mail things to you.
    A chance to meet Bill is a great day!!! and a party too!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you sir! :D

6. Dec 8, 2010 at 2:24 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    I just signed up for the trail run the day after the party.
    Much to learn and Bill seems like a great teacher.
    Looking forward to it.

7. Dec 9, 2010 at 3:10 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Interested in the trail run but the website says for 8 "well set-up" vehicles. I have allpro skids but no sliders or bumbers yet? Anyone signed up for this yet? Also, you think this is a class format or just wheelin for the day?

Edit: Just saw that OH-MAN signed up.....what do you think man?

Thanks,
    Mike

8. Dec 9, 2010 at 5:27 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    I do not know which trail Bill will be going to do.
    Rachelsaid it may be Hackberry Creek.
    I will hope for the best but I do have sliders and a couple skids along with bumpers.

The only thing I am not sure about is the stock 265-70-16s
    Hackberry will be a challange for me if it is the one, but then so was Box canyon ( the sissy route) north to south.
    This is how we learn I hope :eek::D:D

9. Dec 9, 2010 at 6:45 PM
    Sublime

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    I'm sure with the armor and a locker you should be good. Bill looks to be cool as hell. Probably won't make this one till I have some better armor. Still new to this sport and owe too much....lol! Still want to do box canyon though! Have fun and thanks for the response!

Mike

10. Dec 9, 2010 at 8:02 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    After getting my truck dimpled by the hail storm at 5000 miles and some serious Arizona pin striping at the Vulture Mine run it is offically scuffed a bit!!I think it has been christened into off road land.

I hope Bill is gentle with my off road newbieness :D:D

11. Dec 30, 2010 at 4:47 PM
    FlyingWil

Member:
    First Name:
    Wil
    Sonoran Desert
    Vehicle:
    01 DC Expedition Ready
    I am not sure what trail, but it will out in the FJ area...

This is my notes from Rachel:

• [FONT=&quot]33" or better tires[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot] Good skid plates[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot] Strong recovery points[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot] Traction devices a plus, but not required[/FONT]

12. Dec 30, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    Hey Will,
    I am more than willing to jump into the fray.
    I only have the stock 31" tires but I have skids sliders and bumpers along with good recovery points.
    I have a OR 4X4 with all the stuff so I tinnk worse case yo all may need to drag me over a couple things but I am ready willing and able to give it a go!!!!!
    Can't learn if you don't try.
    Looking forward to it!!!

13. Jan 2, 2011 at 9:47 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
  14. Jan 3, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    FlyingWil

Member:
    First Name:
    Wil
    Sonoran Desert
    Vehicle:
    01 DC Expedition Ready
    Going to be a good event so far over 60 RSVPS via e-mail!

Not sure if the trail ride is full... the trail ride is a Bill Burke's 4-Wheeling America gig. Make sure and RSVP via e-mail for the Trail ride.

15. Jan 17, 2011 at 3:27 PM
    FlyingWil

Member:
    First Name:
    Wil
    Sonoran Desert
    Vehicle:
    01 DC Expedition Ready
    Thanks to everyone that came out to make this a great event for Bill Burke's 4-Wheeling America! We had about 100 people show up, and all in all I think we made this a special event for them.

Here is some pics:

BB4WA's Defender in front of SE's Shop:
    [​IMG]

FlyingBaby (my daughter) taking pics with her kid Camera:
    [​IMG]

Yes, that is a Superwinch for $400! (didn't last long)
    [​IMG]

Forest from Woody's underground prepping the coleslaw:
    [​IMG]

ASFIR 4x4's JK was on display, and some ASFIR 4x4 Hi-Lift base plates were in the raffle:
    [​IMG]

Tacoma & FJ:
    [​IMG]

The Parking lot was hopping with vehicles...
    [​IMG]

Corbin's Dakota:
    [​IMG]

A cool Quigley 4x4:
    [​IMG]

New and Old School:
    [​IMG]

LR3:
    [​IMG]

CJ and TJ:
    [​IMG]

The last time we'll see this FJ, enjoy your new 80!:
    [​IMG]

Drooling over the D90:
    [​IMG]

TJ and Bronco:
    [​IMG]

Cool Earth Roamer:
    [​IMG]

ER complete with a scooter!
    [​IMG]

Was a full Parking Lot:
    [​IMG]

Ah, one of my favorite JK's, just because the city of Tempe likes to send the owner photoradar photos of me driving it on a test drive after we did some work to it:
    [​IMG]

Gorgeous Land Rovers:
    [​IMG]

The D90 I drooled on:
    [​IMG]

4Runner, and FJ:
    [​IMG]

Tacomas:
    [​IMG]

A sleeper, I loved it!:
    [​IMG]

Good turn out, and lots of fun:
    [​IMG]

The Cake:
    [​IMG]

The raffle:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Jan 18, 2011 at 6:11 AM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    Had a great time at the party!
    Thanks Will for putting on the party.
    Met a lot of cool people and the vehicles there were amazing.

I have a couple pictures of the trail ride, it was the biggest challange my Tacoma and I have been through.
    Big thanks to everyone on the ride for helping us out on the tough sections, I did choose the bypass on one section and still got it hung on both sliders at the top, Bill drug us out and over the top.
    Here are a couple pics.

Hackberry trail 1-16-11 002.jpg
    Hackberry trail 1-16-11 028.jpg
    Hackberry trail 1-16-11 004.jpg
    Hackberry trail 1-16-11 025.jpg
    Hackberry trail 1-16-11 026.jpg

17. Jan 19, 2011 at 8:22 AM
    Sublime

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    That looked like a fun time and some nicely built trucks.

Trail looks sweet OH-MAN! What a challenge, props for doing it! That pic is sweet of Bill 3 wheeling it!

18. Jan 19, 2011 at 9:40 AM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    Thanks it was a blast.
    I am glad Bill was there to help us out when we were in a bit deep.
    The red Rover was not Bill's, his is a green one.

The couple in the red one were from B.C. Canada and were great, they had that Rover in that position many times and we were thinking that is real close to becoming EPIC!!! but they kept it on mostly the ground.

Products Discussed in

To Top