1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

silverstar and HID

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by c.morris89, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Dec 3, 2009 at 4:05 PM
    c.morris89

c.morris89 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Kingsport TN
    Vehicle:
    2021 PRO MGM 6MT
    A little
    has anyone swapped silverstar ultras for HID. If so was the difference between the two worth the extra cost

2. Dec 3, 2009 at 4:16 PM
    Mellow

Mellow Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Ext Cab SR5 4-Cyl Prerunner
    I had some on mine as I saw a good light increase when I used them on my motorcycles...

I got some HIDs from www.vvme.com and wow... no comparison... there just isn't a better replacement headlight option in my opinion.

3. Dec 3, 2009 at 4:28 PM
    jab08

jab08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    02 T4R 4wd
    Ok let me think of how to put this. If you think the ultras look bright keep them. If you go with the HID's youll never want to drive anything at night thats not HID's!! I went from Ultras to Hid's I got from ddm tuning and its like night and day. I have the regular silverstars as my highs and I loved them.... before I got the hid's, now I cant stand them. I drove my dads corolla the other night and it was like driving with a $.50 key chain light compared to the HID's. I say go with the hid's! about 5000K to 6000K 35w. you wont be disapointed!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top