1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Simple Mini-plug input—impossible?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Markus, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Apr 15, 2008 at 11:38 AM
    Markus

Markus [OP] New Member

Member:
    I have a new 2008 Taco and iPod, and one of the few things I don't like about the truck is that they left out an Aux jack on front of the stereo.

For the iPod, I already have a cig lighter charger, so all I want is to run a single wire from the back for a plug into the iPod's headphone jack. I've done quite a bit of searching, and all I find are fancy plugs that interface with the iPod. But all I want is to create a simple jack. $50 for some wire is a bit much, don't you think? Am I sore out of luck?

Markus

2. Apr 15, 2008 at 11:42 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    Check out on www.crutchfield.com they have an ippod adapter that conects directly to your head unit, and you can even control the ipod from the factory stereo, good luck.

Btw Welcome to the site, post some pics of your truck!

3. Apr 15, 2008 at 7:58 PM
    camsbored

camsbored Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC/Sport/LB
    Kenwood DNX8120, Homelink mirror, Valentine One hardwire
    Markus,
    There is no simple aux input on the back of the head unit, only a more complex aux for things like bluetooth adapters, ipod connectors, and satellite radio receivers. You will need to purchase either one specifically for an ipod or one with a generic line-in for use with a headphone jack. Either way, the adapter does more than just connect a few wires.

Hope that helps. I recommend the devices from USA-Spec found on Crutchfield.

4. Dec 13, 2008 at 10:18 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Before I traded in my '06, I forgot to take it out, but I had something that plugged in to the extra CD changer port on the stereo and gave me a simple left/right RCA input. It worked perfectly and didn't remove my in-dash CD player functionality. And you still controlled everything on the ipod, this just gave you an input.

Down side was that it was about $80...

Products Discussed in

To Top