1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

single cab troubles

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sbg2014, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Oct 11, 2011 at 3:53 PM
    TheGloryFades

TheGloryFades Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '13 toaster
    Only con I've found is lack of e locker and v6 (not that I need it) I love my regular cab second gen I can fit a hard gun case and soft gun case behind the seat and I'm 6'1

2. Oct 11, 2011 at 8:19 PM
    Hayes

Hayes Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2011 Regular Cab Tacoma 4x4
    Love mine, have a leer topper on order. The only problem is interior space, which can be solved by the topper, and will be solved by the topper.

3. Oct 11, 2011 at 9:06 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    I love RCs but i went with a AC cuz RCs dont have the seating position i like, and if i get drowsy on long trips i can pull over and recline my seat back and take a nap. Plus the room for secure storage, cant leave anything in the back of a truck bed anymore without it getting stolen.

4. Oct 12, 2011 at 4:06 AM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    I was a diehard RC guy ... '84, '94, '05 ... I think the syle is better looking ... the traditional truck look.

It was/is , mostly just myself in it ... occassionally my wife .... had no need for more seating room.

I went with a '10 AC .... wanting more interior storage .... made a platform over the back seats ..... I like the flexibility in the seat movement, although with buckets being offered in the new models that MAY have kept in in the RC.

Do I have buyer's remorse for purchasing the AC ... no.

Figure out what you need and go from there.

5. Oct 12, 2011 at 5:56 AM
    Chriskn1690

Chriskn1690 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Springfield,MA
    Vehicle:
    2000 4Runner SR5
    K&N intake and flowmaster 40 exhaust.
    Does it piss anybody off that you can't get any power options on the regular cabs or is it just me? Honestly I would take out a car payment for a brand new regluar cab if they had more SR5 models with the painted and chrome bumpers available (i know its a special order thing in my area), if they put cruise control, power windows, power locks, keyless entry, and switched to just bucket seat interiors. I would probably have a 2012 sitting in my driveway right now if they did all that. Maybe it's just me, but I would really like to see the above in a regular cab.

6. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:15 AM
    WV150

WV150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Trifecta Tonneau Cover
    You are right on. I like my reg cab but would like it better if it had a V6 with 5 speed automatic and SR5 package.I4 runs good in the mountains if you keep the rpms up.

7. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:37 AM
    friction

friction Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '08 4X4 RC SR5
    Not having power windows / locks does not bother me in the least in a 2 door vehicle...I like the dependability of the cranks. I can't, however, for the life of me understand why cruise control is not standard on every vehicle manufactured today. It was a very simple install, though.

I really had to wait out the perfect SR5 to pop up on CarMax....low miles, buckets, manual, etc. I'm glad I waited it out though for about a year...they are few and far between for some reason.

8. Oct 12, 2011 at 8:07 AM
    Chriskn1690

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Springfield,MA
    Vehicle:
    2000 4Runner SR5
    I really like the look of your truck. I've only seen one in person, there is an older guy that has a silver one in my area. Sucks that the sr5's are so few and far between, I don't get it. I just think power features should be standard this day and age.

9. Oct 12, 2011 at 8:10 AM
    Chriskn1690

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Springfield,MA
    Vehicle:
    2000 4Runner SR5
    That's true too, that littler truck would be real nice with a v6 in it. . I think it would actually be kind of scary lol. My truck weighed in at 3100lbs on a scale at a local scrap yard, so nearly 300 horsepower in a 3000 pound vehicle would be nice :D

10. Oct 12, 2011 at 8:14 AM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    They stopped offering SR5 on std. cab 4x4 in 2011.

If you want that, you'll have to find 2010 or older.

As far as that "ought to be std. equip..." Well there are still guys like me who just want the basics.

11. Oct 12, 2011 at 8:16 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I had to go with 08 to get reg cab sr5 prerunner with buckets. Glad I found one. cc was easy & like the simplicity of the manual windows/doors too.

12. Oct 12, 2011 at 8:28 AM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    I love mine, the only thing that I would have done differently is gotten the 4wd instead of the 2wd. I like the amount of space because it is just perfect for the wife or dog and myself. I would like to have bucket seats as well but that is all right. Mine is almost paid off and I am looking at ordering a new DC TRD Off Road and just using my street queen to go back and forth to work. Also getting in and out of European parking lots and navigating the very narrow streets here are alot easier in the little truck then a gigger one.

13. Oct 12, 2011 at 8:37 AM
    rydaniels

rydaniels Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    4x4 4cyl manual
    bone stock except tool box in bed
    I love the fact that I don't have power anything in my RC. It is so simple and basic...less to break I guess the only part that sucks is when the girlfriend rides with me I have to open her door first but for me there is something about the simplicity of it that I enjoy. I do want to add cruise control because I drive from philly to chicago area 2-3 times a year and it def. helped when I drove my old astro van. That will be my next mod when i get some extra cash and time.

14. Oct 12, 2011 at 8:46 AM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    I did the interval wipers and cruise control mod all at the same time. It was the best $225 that I ever spent. I also installed second skin sound deadner to the interior and the exterior which cut alot of the nose that you get from the back of the cab.

15. Oct 12, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Shivalry is not dead with this truck the way you get to go around and open the door for the ladies! The cruise control is simple to do in 30 minutes or so with oem parts NOT from your local dealer for 100.00 or so and that's only if you need the clutch switch if manual trans.........

16. Oct 12, 2011 at 9:05 AM
    TacomaBuzz

TacomaBuzz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 RegCab 4x4 TX Special Edition
    Sirius, Bugflector,back-rack, stepsides.
    In my opinion, the regular cab Tacoma looks the best out of them all and I originally had an 05 DCLB Tacoma. I love the dependability and simplicity of my 2.7l and less maintenance than the 4.0l . I'm really glad we still have the option today to get a bare bones no frills meat and potatoes workhorse! And let's not forget the pricing for the regular cabs is very reasonable compared to the larger tacoma's .

17. Oct 12, 2011 at 9:08 AM
    GregRF

GregRF Member

Member:
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    Which product is this? I would love to organize the few things I have back there.

My RC Prerunner is great, the shorter length is really the only size that fits in my driveway and with the rollup tonneau and lock on the tailgate, having to store things back there isn't a big issue.

18. Oct 12, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    friction

friction Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '08 4X4 RC SR5
    Thank you. Mine had to be shipped from Chicago, and I've seen very, very few RC SR5s in person too.

I kind of prefer the hand crank windows, but I see your point...

19. Oct 12, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    Chriskn1690

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Springfield,MA
    Vehicle:
    2000 4Runner SR5
    I have to open the door for my girl too. . . and when she wants to put the windows down she always has a comment about having to do it manually. . It's probably because I always talk shit about her car (chevy cobalt, I hate chevy), but I always get the "Toyota doesn't make power windows?' or the 'at least my chevy has power windows' lol. O well though, I can see a lot of you like your roll down windows, but I still wish power was at the very least an option.

20. Oct 12, 2011 at 10:21 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top