1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sirius / XM Renewal Must Read

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RearViewMirror, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Jan 16, 2015 at 6:53 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror [OP] Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I think I've posted this before but if you have Sirius / XM in your vehicle (and like it) whatever you do DO NOT pay the full subscription price EVER! I just renewed mine again for another year this morning as my sub date was coming up on the 28th.

I've been doing this for the last 10 years (even before they merged) and it works perfectly. Full price for the year is $227 + taxes and fees. Call them up BEFORE your renewal date and tell them you want to cancel and they will give you the intro rate EVERY TIME. Just renewed for $49 for one year. If they balk at this just proceed with the cancellation. In 2 weeks time you will get a mailer begging you to return with the intro offer. I've only had them do this once in 10 years. Some of you might not be interested in this and I understand but if you are I just wanted to give a friendly reminder on how to go about doing it.

InfernoTonka likes this.
  2. Jan 16, 2015 at 7:03 AM
    ckeene9

ckeene9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB Supercharged 4x4 TRD Sport
    See Build Thread
    Just got 5 or 6 months for $25. Didn't know they'd cut a full year deal. I'll have to try that next time.

3. Jan 16, 2015 at 7:06 AM
    Gearheadesw

Gearheadesw must modify

Member:
    Davenport Fl
    Vehicle:
    1 truck 1 car 1 motorcycle
    Hmmm. I usually talk them down to a hundred bucks a year. Might have to try the cancellation deal.

4. Jan 17, 2015 at 7:14 AM
    weendoggy

weendoggy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aptos, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD ACOR 4x4
    Access Original Tonneau Cover; Toyota Side Tube Steps; Focal ISS690 front speakers; Clarion XC1410 mini amp; Gentex 453 rearview mirror with Homelink, Compass, Temp and Autodim; Prodigy P2 trailer brake controller, Heated Seats from www.cobraheat.com, BriteAss Fogs, Phillips Extreme LED H/L. Heated mirrors from @Up2NoGood. 5100 Bilstein all four corners.
    Called to quit and they gave me six months @ $25. I'd like to go a year because it's a PITA to do it more often. I'll give them my best cancellation speech and see how it goes. Gotta' wait til April though. :(

5. Feb 25, 2017 at 7:58 AM
    InfernoTonka

InfernoTonka Infernal Order of Knights Templar of Inferno-ness

Member:
    First Name:
    TOD aka Toyota Onroad Development
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno SAF base model SR5 4x4
    My 3 month trial ended today, so yesterday I re- upped @ 6 months for 29.95. By the time they add all the extra charges it turns into $37.91 somehow.

They are very picky about payment...they really really want your credit card but I know how much of a pain that will be. I'm willing to pay an extra $2.00 to pay the old fashioned way (by check) even though I feel this extra charge is unnecessary.

I tried to use an American Express debit gift card but that wasn't good enough for them.

I don't drive enough to justify $15.99 per month! My buddy has a stereo in his home that allows him to play SiriusXM in the house. I'm gonna find out how he got that deal.

6. Feb 25, 2017 at 7:58 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I just bought a new car that came with XM for 3 months. Once the sub runs out I'll call them and cancel the service. But (as always) they will offer me 4 months free and then the $25 sub for 6 months. Once that six months is up I'll do the same again. They have only balked at this one time in the last 7-8 years and I cancelled my service. Within a week I got a email requesting me to come back so I called and told them I'll come back if they give me the 4 months free and the six months for $25 and it always works. It's much easier for them to keep a customer than it is to try to get one back.

InfernoTonka likes this.
  7. Feb 25, 2017 at 8:00 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I've got a email right now sitting in my inbox requesting the 6 months for $25 after my sub ends.

InfernoTonka[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Feb 25, 2017 at 8:02 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    It's worth $25 for six months to me. Anything more than that it's not. There is no way in hell I'd pay $15 a month for the service.

InfernoTonka likes this.
  9. Feb 25, 2017 at 8:09 AM
    InfernoTonka

Member:
    First Name:
    Vehicle:
    I read somewhere a while back that it costs $300-$400 in advertising to gain 1 new customer. This was in reference to credit card customers but I'll bet this holds true for other businesses as well.

I'm about ready to dump my AT&T unlimited data plan. It was an old plan that I held on to for years for $70. Over the past four years there have been charge increases that have bumped it up to around $85 per year. I can't justify paying that for a single line so I'm gonna dump that and get another plan as soon as I can figure out all the deals out there. I'm not affraid to going to a simple non-smart Razor phone plan untill all the price wars go into effect and the dust settles.

10. Feb 25, 2017 at 8:13 AM
    InfernoTonka

Member:
    First Name:
    Vehicle:
    I don't know why some industries adopt the tactic of punishing loyal long time customers. Cable companies do this, cell phone carriers do this, and storage unit rental placed do this, among others.

11. Feb 25, 2017 at 8:20 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    When the iPad 2 came out I bought 2 WiFi versions. I figured if I wanted to use them away from home I'd tether off my iPhone but to do that I had to get rid of my unlimited data plan. They gave me 10gb of data and I didn't know exactly how much data I actually used a month so I was a bit nervous for the first month. Turns out I didn't even use 2gb of data so it's really a non issue now. I've got three iPhones on my plan and we never go over the cap. So I've been pretty happy with AT&T. I did dump Dish for Apple TV and that is honestly one of the best decisions I've made. I pay about $25 per month on TV and only have the channels that I actually watch and I'm not paying for $225 for hundreds of channels that I never watched. Now we rent movies off Apple and watch them and the bill is never over $50. I figured cutting the cord would be hard to do but it's the best thing going right now.

Yeah, I've always felt the same. I understand the programs to get people in the door but there needs to be a program to "keep" people in the door also.

InfernoTonka[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Feb 25, 2017 at 8:28 AM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    NV
    Vehicle:
    Silverado Crew Cab Z71, 5.3 made from real Tornado's!
    A few additions to make me feel cool.
    Gotta love sat radio. Here is a commercial about commercial free radio. Drives me nuts!!

InfernoTonka likes this.
  13. Feb 25, 2017 at 10:49 AM
    InfernoTonka

Member:
    First Name:
    Vehicle:
    That's when I go to the next channel(s) LOL

14. Mar 7, 2017 at 6:34 PM
    wsurunner

wsurunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Pyrite Mica DCSB
    AT&T Uverse was costing us a fortune. I bought an HD tv antenna for local, switched to the local cable provider for Internet (and insane speeds), grabbed the intro price for DirectTV Now, added Hulu, and we have 2x the channels for 1/2 the cost.

Products Discussed in

To Top