1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SiriusXM Satellite Radio for basic touchscreen radio

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by GirlfriendInAComa, May 4, 2016.

1. May 4, 2016 at 6:24 AM
    GirlfriendInAComa

GirlfriendInAComa [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma
    I have a 2015 Tacoma, basic touchscreen radio, non-JBL, and I'm looking at SiriusXM options.
    I stumbled upon this and I'm curious as to your opinions:

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-SiriusXM-Satellite-Touch-Screen-Bluetooth/dp/B014Z5P8E8

They want $270.00 for it, but the SiriusXM SXV Tuner they picture can be bought for $40.00.
    The only other thing they list is something called the "Toyota Bluetooth Integration Module." I've Googled it and can not find what that is. Any help or familiarity with the product?

2. May 4, 2016 at 6:30 AM
    tomwil

tomwil Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Coast USA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Reg Cab 4x4
    I would purchase an OEM satellite receiver along with the corresponding cable. They pop up occasionally in the TW Marketplace.

3. May 4, 2016 at 7:16 AM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    It looks like that's the same basic kit as this:
    http://store.xmfanstore.com/complete-sirius-install-kit-for-toyota-scion-lexus.html

If you can find an original toyota sat receiver that might be better but either of the other 2 should work as well. I'm not sure about the 15's but my 09 had a gps antenna preinstalled from the factory and I only needed to plug into it with a special cord to connect to the radio.

4. May 6, 2016 at 9:13 AM
    GirlfriendInAComa

GirlfriendInAComa [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma
    O.k. just an update in case anyone is looking to do the same.
    Yes, it is possible to add SiriusXM to an existing plain, non-sat ready, non-JBL screen radio. A place in my town can do it to factory specs for about $400 using a kit like I listed in the original post.

However, I stopped by Best Buy and found a $20 SiriusXM DIY kit. I decided to give it a try for $20. SiriusXM gave me 3 months for the price of one. So right now, I'm just going to try this out for 3 months... If I like it I may spring for a more permanent install.

So far I am enjoying what I have and I'm only out a total of $35.00 for 3 months of use.

tomwil likes this.
  5. May 6, 2016 at 6:44 PM
    RobD

RobD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2013 Spruce Mica Tacoma Double Cab TRD
    That's dirt cheap.

I have had satellite radio for over ten years now. I tried to quit it, but I had to go back. Terrestrial radio wasn't doing it for me anymore. ;)

HawkShot99 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top