1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Skid plate question to

Discussion in 'Armor' started by Birks, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Mar 2, 2020 at 7:45 PM
    Birks

Birks [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    skid plate question.
    I have pickup the TRD factory skid plate. I am trying to decide if I want to bedliner it or not. When I got my 2020 taco I thought I would go all black all the time. After seeing a few people trucks going all black on everything I was thinking about maybe adding an accent colour. So my question is. Should I leave th SP bare aluminum and get some letters for it. I was the thinking either leave it aluminum and go with black letters, or go bedliner with white letters. With the second option, has the added question will the letters stick on the bedliner?

I am going with bedliner on the bumper for sure, because I got it more for animals on the road since I do a bunch of hiway driving more than off-roading. I do go camping in some isolated places. I dont go to push my truck to where I need the armour for bumping into things or off things while I am off road. It will be handy accident multiplier, but no plans on that front for sure.

Just asking for a few options and maybe a photo if you have done either of these options. I have also ordered a GFC so all black would probably be over kill.

2. Mar 4, 2020 at 7:53 AM
    whatstcp

whatstcp currently drunk so don't listen to me

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Fontana, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Regular Cab 2.7l 4x4
    King + Archive Relocation Wheeler's bumps +hydros
    well that's the thing, it's not bare aluminum. It has a pretty durable coating on it already.

I say leave it. Blacking out or "murdering" out vehicles is getting really really old. To the point that even Toyota Corp has decided that they want to release a "Nightshade" edition of multiple vehicles including the badass corolla, camry, and killer minivan Sienna. At this point it's like when your elementary school finally realized hip hop was a thing so they forcefully tried to make themselves look like they are with the times and try to incorporate it into everything they do. Remember the weird auditorium presentations about not doing drugs with some weird awkward lyrics thrown in? Yeah that's blacked out nowadays.

Shit's old, and if you want to pull up next to a minivan and get a nod from them then....go for it lol

Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 07.48.39.jpg

Toy1985gc and Island Cruiser like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top