1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Skid question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Taco Guy11, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Mar 20, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    Taco Guy11

Taco Guy11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Western Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport
    5100's, Eibachs, Light Racing UCAs, ATO Rear bumper and ifs skid, Lights, Tonno Cover, TJM Front Bumper and Slider not sure of the brand.
    So I was looking under my truck the other day there is really no skids under my 2011 double cab. I currently put 3"s of lift under it with wheels and tires. Do I need skids I don't off road much. Maybe a few times a year but nothing to harsh since I'm paying on it still and it's my daily driver this truck has only been off road once since I bought it. If I get skids what do I get which ones. I've done some research and there expensive an heavy. Do I need all of them or just the ifs one. I had aluminum skids on my last Chevy never really tore them up more of a reassurance thing from the occasional stick or rock. Any advice would be great thanks.

2. Mar 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Opie
    Bedford, Va
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    2012 FJ Cruiser Maggiolina Medium Grand Tour w/winter hood National Luna dual battery split charging system ABR Sidewinder Aux battery tray ARB 50qt Fridge w/Transit Bag Bajarack flat rack w/ladder Crawlarado flat black hood blackout TRD exhaust Trasharoo Outback FJ roof console
    You should be ok without them. If you don't offroad much you should be fine.

To Top