1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Skid question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Taco Guy11, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Mar 20, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    Taco Guy11

Taco Guy11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Western Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD off-road
    So I was looking under my truck the other day there is really no skids under my 2011 double cab. I currently put 3"s of lift under it with wheels and tires. Do I need skids I don't off road much. Maybe a few times a year but nothing to harsh since I'm paying on it still and it's my daily driver this truck has only been off road once since I bought it. If I get skids what do I get which ones. I've done some research and there expensive an heavy. Do I need all of them or just the ifs one. I had aluminum skids on my last Chevy never really tore them up more of a reassurance thing from the occasional stick or rock. Any advice would be great thanks.

2. Mar 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Opie
    Bedford, Va
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    2012 FJ Cruiser Maggiolina Medium Grand Tour w/winter hood National Luna dual battery split charging system ABR Sidewinder Aux battery tray ARB 50qt Fridge w/Transit Bag Bajarack flat rack w/ladder Crawlarado flat black hood blackout TRD exhaust Trasharoo Outback FJ roof console
    You should be ok without them. If you don't offroad much you should be fine.

Products Discussed in

To Top