1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Skootter14's S/C’d Locked Long Bed Sport

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Skootter14, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Dec 3, 2016 at 12:06 PM
    Dave41079

Dave41079 Words go here.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave...
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    The shittiest of boxes
    Things, stuff, and whatnot.
    Looks great, and they seem priced reasonably. He really needs to put a disclaimer on both rifles though that they come with no optics, sights, or bipod "so the end user can pick exactly what they want" or whatever. Someone will try and screw him because the pic shows optics. People are terrible.

2. Dec 3, 2016 at 12:07 PM
    Dave41079

Dave41079 Words go here.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave...
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    The shittiest of boxes
  3. Dec 3, 2016 at 12:09 PM
    Skootter14

Skootter14 [OP] Upon my signal, unleash Hell

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport 4D LB 4x4 Metallic Grey
    "a lot of stupid stuff" -Wife
    ill have to add the "www" and thanks dave. the white background pics are all without the scopes, Ill mention it to him, thanks!

4. Dec 3, 2016 at 12:12 PM
    Dave41079

Dave41079 Words go here.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave...
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    The shittiest of boxes
    Yeah I saw the "stock" photos too. It's really too bad we live in such a litigious, CYA, I want my handout, how can I screw the next guy society, but that's just the way it is. I wish him the best and think everything seems great, sounds like all really quality products.

5. Dec 3, 2016 at 12:15 PM
    Skootter14

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    thanks man, if you got friends interested, let them know about it as an option. I bought the SPR (already have an m4 carbine set up). waiting on a scope and plan on setting it up for a 400-500m designated marksman type rifle.

Dave41079[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Dec 3, 2016 at 2:26 PM
    Kappes03

Kappes03 Legend of the UG

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
    Weird I tried added www to it as well and still didn't work. The second link worked though.

When do you get to WA

Skootter14[OP] likes this.
  7. Dec 3, 2016 at 2:32 PM
    Skootter14

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    lookin at arriving Dec 28 iirc. we are leaving GA on the 22nd. travelin with a 3.5 month old and 2 huskies...its going to be an interesting trip haha

BUT we cant wait to get there. we ended up getting a house in Yelm so we have a place to move into right away!

8. Dec 3, 2016 at 2:34 PM
    Kappes03

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
    Nice! Couple of my buddies live there. It's developing a bit more it seems.

9. Dec 3, 2016 at 2:36 PM
    Skootter14

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    yea idk the name of the development (if it has one) that we are renting in but it seems like it's a developing neighborhood since google has pics from like a year ago with nothing on plots and now there are homes there.

im also looking into a mid range snowbaord/boots/bindings. i dont want towaste money on some fancy thing, just something to get me down a nice long slope for chill riding. Im not into tricks or anythin but like carving back and forth down the mtn, you have any suggestions? i really only know of burton

Kappes03[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Dec 3, 2016 at 2:38 PM
    Kappes03

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
    Does it have a garage.. for mod days :spy:

11TRDTX likes this.
  11. Dec 3, 2016 at 2:41 PM
    Skootter14

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    Of course it does! that was part of the requirements for house selections haha.... TWO CAR!!!! garage. my tools will finally have a place to rest again besides a storage unit.

im also looking into a mid range snowbaord/boots/bindings. i dont want towaste money on some fancy thing, just something to get me down a nice long slope for chill riding. Im not into tricks or anythin but like carving back and forth down the mtn, you have any suggestions? i really only know of burton

11TRDTX likes this.
  12. Dec 3, 2016 at 2:45 PM
    Kappes03

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
    Sweet! That's what I'm mostly into these days. Just cruising the mountain.
    Check this thread out
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/seattle-area-ski-and-board-meet-ups.406441/
    Check out Never Summer boards. They make good all mountain boards. I have a NS System with ride bindings.

13. Dec 3, 2016 at 2:50 PM
    Skootter14

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
  14. Dec 6, 2016 at 9:41 AM
    NorthwestCruiser

NorthwestCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Snohomish, WA
    Vehicle:
    1996 Land Cruiser
    Custom 3 link, 40's etc..
    GNU snowboards are good too. Im getting a new board this year, probably go look this weekend. Its starting off to be a really good snow year here.

15. Dec 6, 2016 at 2:58 PM
    Skootter14

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    you selling a used board?? haha

in other news...
    welp, this guy finds out tomorrow if hes getting a new transmission! thank god its still under powertrain warranty and I have not fucked with it. I was correct, it is the solenoid in the xmsn. the guy was surprised that I diagnosed it correctly (to the exact solenoid in the xmsn) and when I pulled out the OEM manual repair sheet that they used (from my 05+ OEM Repair manual) he was a little puzzled at how I knew how to get a hold of all that. I printed off the 5 pgs that covered that problem as credibility that I wasnt a crazy person and had a very good idea what the problem was, so they couldnt bullshit me.

hopefully Fidelity doesnt make a hassle out of it and gives them the authorization code tomorrow to swap it. Toyota told me to (THE service manager) that toyota does not "repair" engines or xmsns, it is not cost effective. it is cheaper to drop any sort of faulty engine or xmsn, and plug a new up back in than the time it would take to drop it, take off the cover, replace the solenoid, and reinstall. I guess it makes sense on a corporate level, when they are turning 100 cars/day over in service versus our type of ppl that fix things themselves. I told him the part is around 250-300 dollars and all it takes is the xmsn case to be dropped, unscrew the old one, put new on in, and gasket/install the pan and youre done. he said yea we just spent 2-3 cars worth of $$/time on 1, when dropping the xmsn and puttin a new one on would be done in no time.

heres to tomorrow (fingers crossed) :cheers:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  16. Dec 9, 2016 at 6:25 PM
    Skootter14

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    UPDATE: so i have gone back and forth with the 3rd party warranty company for the past 5 days (i will never buy an extended warranty through a 3rd party ever again). Toyota diagnosed a new transmission, but my research showed a pressure control solenoid in the valve body of the transmission acting up, nothing mechanical, just an electrical plug n play part. After talkin to the toyota tech they agreed that it should be the solenoid but they dont repair things, they replace them...the entire end item and the warranty company either pays for it or not. since it was such as huge lump payout for a new toyota transmission ($3600+) they said 4 things that voided my warranty after a claims adjuster came out:

1. I had a performance chip installed in the engine and voided the warranty
    2. aftermarket front bumper
    3. aftermarket rear bumper
    4. "way oversized tires"

I dug into the Magnuson/Moss act of 1975 and it mentions a warrantor cannot mix mechanical diagnoses with electrical and vice versa.

I explained I do not want a new xmsn, just for them to pay for the solenoids (2) to be swapped and the labor. they refused. When I found out their "claims adjuster" said I had a performance chip in the engine, I flipped my shit internally, bc I have done NO such reformatting or programming to the stock ECM. turns out, their genius adjuster said my ultra guage II was a performance enhancing chip that dials into the engine. I had to school the person on the phone about what it was, he looked it up, verified that it was indeed NOT an engine chip of any sort then fired back and said the tires will void the transmission.

It was here that I asked to speak to a supervisor and explained the above info that I found in reference to the M/M Act. I explained the tires could def affect the mechanical gears and components like that, but an electrical part that is stationary and just relays signals to the ECM is not connected to any mechanical part and therefore they could not mix the two as saying the tires are linked to the electrical component.

I explained that I did not want a new transmission again, just for the electrical components be replaced and labor paid for, and I would be on my way. I also said (this was not a threat, I was absolutely going to) my next step was to get legal counsel from Army JAG officers to see if I have a legal foundation to argue on in court (its free counsel for us haha, so I had nothing but time to lose). I then got them to agree that if I paid for all the labor and parts and it actually fixed the problem, they would reimburse me.

I got my truck back today from very reputable xmsn shop and they said it was fixed, we checked the xmsn database and the code did not come back after driving it and it now drives and shifts as smooth as ever.

Talked to a rep recently, sent in all the receipts and proof of service. the claim was being filed tonight and should have the check in the mail monday or tuesday.

Im not holding my breath in case some new supervisor steps in and tries to refute something else...but I may have just won the very hard fought war which would put about 700 bucks back in my pocket and a fixed transmission. (I would not have fought this hard if I truly did not think I was right, and it was indeed just the solenoids that needed replaced. I had no interest in trying to "get over" on anyone, just wanted what was fairly mine, to be fixed).

My UGII may have just paid for itself in spades.

Crom, Dave41079 and rngr like this.
  17. Dec 9, 2016 at 6:31 PM
    rngr

rngr Aix sponsa

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 4x4 2.7L
    Sounds like an extremely frustrating experience. Glad you got it fixed. Did you get the part where they agreed to pay In writing.

18. Dec 9, 2016 at 6:32 PM
    Skootter14

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    I asked if our phone conversation was recorded as proof (which they said it was random but that this one was not) but he said it had it all written in my file. The guy I spoke with today read everything that I said was true and written in my file, so no issues luckily).

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Crom and rngr[QUOTED] like this.
  19. Dec 9, 2016 at 6:40 PM
    rngr

rngr Aix sponsa

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 4x4 2.7L
    That would be the one and only circumstance where I would prefer email over a phone call. Ha ha.

20. Dec 9, 2016 at 6:43 PM
    Dave41079

Dave41079 Words go here.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave...
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    The shittiest of boxes
    I pretty well figured they were calling your ultra gauge a performance chip. These people typically know precisely zero about automobiles, so things like this don't surprise me anymore. I'm glad you were able to look into Magnuson Moss, it's really beneficial to enthusiasts.

Skootter14[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top