1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Slim's HID Xenon Group Buy! Ends 03/31/16

Discussion in 'Closed Group Buys' started by slimsdepot, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Apr 5, 2016 at 8:27 AM
    slimsdepot

slimsdepot [OP] slimsdepot.com

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    All the orders are being mailed out today. :) You will receive a tracking number in your email once shipped.

2. Jun 20, 2016 at 1:25 PM
    EBORSETI22

EBORSETI22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    New England
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Offroad
    TRD Exhaust Bed Mat Tinted Windows Tonneau Cover Cubby Bed Lights Reverse Lights Anytime Fog Mod Full OME Lift - 887s, LR UCAs, Dakars with D29XXL AAL MB TKO 17" Wheels 255/80r17 ST Maxx CMC Volant CAI with Scoop NFab Running Boards "Raptor" Grille Lights Ditch Lights 30" LED Hidden Light Bar On Board Air
    Slim - Have been trying to PM you for a week or so now - you still selling bulbs? I am in need of some fogs for my Tacoma

3. Jun 30, 2016 at 9:53 AM
    EBORSETI22

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    New England
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Offroad
    TRD Exhaust Bed Mat Tinted Windows Tonneau Cover Cubby Bed Lights Reverse Lights Anytime Fog Mod Full OME Lift - 887s, LR UCAs, Dakars with D29XXL AAL MB TKO 17" Wheels 255/80r17 ST Maxx CMC Volant CAI with Scoop NFab Running Boards "Raptor" Grille Lights Ditch Lights 30" LED Hidden Light Bar On Board Air
    Does Slimcubby still exist? Website is down, no response via PM/Conversation or response to posts...if he is gone, are there alternative ways to get the same bulbs that he was selling? down a foglight as of now, and want to have back ups...any information would be great..

4. Sep 24, 2016 at 2:34 PM
    mrkristofo

mrkristofo Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab, Manual, 4cyl
    Ever get ahold of slim? I am also down a bulb. Thinking about pulling the whole shabang, and going back to something like https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/the-ultimate-headlight-upgrade-not-led-or-hid.398066/

5. Sep 24, 2016 at 2:41 PM
    EBORSETI22

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    New England
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Offroad

Never have. Pretty disappointed. Pulled my whole fog light set up as of now. Will be pulling my headlights when the firs bulb goes.

For such an expensive mod, I expected better service, or at least a heads up when he's going out of business so we are all aware.

Would caution people if they are thinking about buying these to really think about a year from now if it's going to be a good investment...

I like your link though. That could be a good alternative!

6. Jan 16, 2017 at 6:21 AM
    mrkristofo

mrkristofo Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab, Manual, 4cyl
    It's done. They're pulled. I suspect slim was doing group-buy's because he was ordering direct from Chiyna, getting a batch at a time, and it is now no longer lucrative (or life got in the way, whatever the reason may be). In the bimmer world, there's a lot of HID upgrade discussion as a huge no-no if you don't have ellipsoid/projectors...I just put that aside when I did this upgrade. Wish I would have stuck to my roots!

Products Discussed in

To Top