1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SLIP YOKE ON REAR DRIVESHAFT

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MSTaco, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Nov 27, 2012 at 5:51 PM
    johnnym

johnnym Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    NH
    Vehicle:
    87 4Runner Chevy 1500
    Sas 4.7tranfer case gears 5.29s Locked front/rear
  2. Mar 13, 2016 at 12:17 AM
    Shawn.buhl

Shawn.buhl Active Member

Member:
    San Diego, ca
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4wd
    Camburg long travel front. Custom long travel rear. Prp podium elite seats and harness.
    Does anyone have the link to this part?

The link above won't let me go on the site due to limited access.

3. Sep 15, 2016 at 9:33 PM
    DirtyBlackTaco2010

DirtyBlackTaco2010 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black Tacoma SR5
    6 in Pro comp lift 20" Metal Mulisha with 35x12.5 Toyo Open Country Extreme II tires well on its way to being murdered out!
    Love digging up an old posts! Was looking for an end yoke myself today and spent hours on the phone trying to keep from having to go to the Stealership and more than likely pay over 1k for a new full assembly. Every place I called had nothing in their system so I decided to go to the top and call Dana. Got in contact with one of the tech reps and he cross referenced the casting mark (a reference for toyota dealers only) to part number 2-4-02009. Finally! Went to Dana's website to find names of licensed dealers and went back to calling. Waste of time calling the big name auto parts store, even Napa..but the guy at Napa told me to call a local company that builds custom drive shafts. I gave him a call and gave him the casting mark and the part number and he said he'd try to find it in his system and would give me a call back. 5 minutes later, he called and I asked him to confirm a few measurements and in 2-3 days and only $55; my replacement yoke will be here! Suck it Stealership!:woot:

Got curious a little later and went online to search the new part number and this handy little page popped up

http://www.northerndrivetrain.com/product/SPI-2-4-02009.html

Shows a drawing of the yoke and everything. The drawing concerned me because that it shows that it's a strap style yoke...which I am not a big fan of...instead of the full ear one that was on my truck but I remember reading something about a recall of a few thousand trucks that had problems with the yoke (Mine probably should have been one). Hoping this is a new and improved version. Will update when it gets here!

4. Sep 26, 2016 at 5:51 AM
    PatintheHat

PatintheHat New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09TRDSport
    How'd it go? Did the yoke fit correctly. Is your drive shaft working properly? I'm in the same boat and would like to know if I have to buy the whole assembly or can I get the yoke made.
    -Thanks!

5. Sep 28, 2016 at 10:34 AM
    DirtyBlackTaco2010

DirtyBlackTaco2010 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black Tacoma SR5
    6 in Pro comp lift 20" Metal Mulisha with 35x12.5 Toyo Open Country Extreme II tires well on its way to being murdered out!
    Worked perfectly! Same exact part and went in with no problems. Just make sure it is in phase

6. Feb 14, 2017 at 5:45 PM
    Anjaguilar

Anjaguilar New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Tacoma

Do you happen to know if this part fit a 2007 Toyota Tacoma 2wd?

7. Mar 29, 2017 at 9:43 AM
    3H3

3H3 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Wife's 07 Tacoma
    Lift
    I'd like to know that, too..in the same boat. In any case, though, for future reference, I found the full assembly at BuyAutoParts.com for about half of what the dealership was asking. BAP sells for $595. It's their brand, obviously, but they have offer an automatic 1-year warranty.

8. Apr 23, 2018 at 4:15 PM
    Stonebrew

Stonebrew New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2000 4x4
    Check your local pick-n-pull. I had a heck of a time trying to find one for my 2000 tacoma. Then by chance my local pick-n-pull got a 2000 tacoma in, but wasn't able to make it there till 2 days after it arrived. Showed up with my 2 14mm wrenches and when I saw it my heart sunk... It was almost completley gone!! But low and behold, the rear drive shaft was there! Got lucky. Pulled off that yoke and now I'm up and running like a champ!

Bebop likes this.
  9. Apr 23, 2018 at 4:18 PM
    Bebop

Bebop Old fashion cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Castle rock Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2012 Toyota Tacoma baja
    6inch lift sitting on bilstein coilovers. Lexus is300 studs in front to keep stock wheels, general grabber red letters, nfab front bumper.
    I need to make a run to a junkyard with a trailer and stock up on these hard to find parts as they are priceless in a pinch.

10. May 13, 2018 at 11:22 AM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 4x2 reg cab / 12 4x4 double cab
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    Guys if your looking for slip yokes and drive shaft parts check these guys out. Took me forever to find them but if you email them they have what your looking for. Same issue as the OP, you do not have to buy a whole drive shaft. I think i bought the sp8cer slip yoke for under 200. If you look thats the comoany that makes our crap anyway. So you are getting an oem part that the dealer hasnt been able to mark up.

Fortwayneclutch.com

Hope this saves someone some big bucks

Products Discussed in

To Top