1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

slopply front end and interior update

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Quadrcr161, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Oct 28, 2009 at 7:39 PM
    Quadrcr161

Quadrcr161 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Wetumpka Al
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma
    ok, ive searched, and i think i know of part of the problem but i dont think its all. to update, 99 extcab sr5 v6 auto, 3 inch lift w aal im pretty mechanically inclined and a vibration analysis. i picked the truck up knowing the guy used it hunting and all but he made it seem like he took better care of it. i havent taken it offroad any, and i felt most of the issues with the front was with the tires/alignment. rotated the tires and nothing changes, my wife decscribes it as fighting the wheel, the more i drive it, it seems to be alignment/tie rod issue. searching tonight i found that its common for the steering box bushings to wear, i plan on climbing under tomorrow and checking it out and ordering new bushings anyway. back to the rest of the issue, when rolling over bumps, or off road there is a klunking noise, like a bad control arm bushing, but when rotating the tires i felt the front end and it didnt have much slack when checked by hand. is there anything else i can check or any other common problems like the steering box bushings? i did notice energy suspension has a whole bushing kit in both red and black bushings.

ok now for the interior update, it had a crappy jvc cd player that didnt work, so i installed an eclipse headunit with my xmradio, with a set of eclipse 3ways in the door, havent made it to the rears yet. while replacing the door speakers i have cleaned the doors, and started adding sound deadening, and i also took apart the door pannels and wrapped the center section in black tweed i had left over. will be redoing the headliner in the same fabric along with other pieces in the truck. imo it looks tons better and a lot cleaner feeling. i also am installing map lights from a 4runner, and fixing my dome light. anyway pics of the old and new door pannels. as i finish ill add more.

old
    [​IMG]
    wrapped
    [​IMG]

2. Oct 28, 2009 at 9:40 PM
    graymaurer

graymaurer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD V6
    I'm diggin' the new panels. I installed some dynamat in my doors and am planning on doing the floor soon. I thought it was a nice addition. Enjoy!

3. Oct 29, 2009 at 3:27 AM
    dustinuhls

dustinuhls Well-Known Member

Member:
    Manhattan, KS
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4wd
    Icon Coilovers, Magnaflow, K&N Intake
    Take it to a shop and get an alignment. Door panels look sweet by the way!

Products Discussed in

To Top