1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sluggo: The 4 banger build

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by IDtrucks, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Mar 7, 2012 at 12:31 AM
    Denim Dan

Denim Dan Confusion

Member:
    First Name:
    Erick
    Visalia Ca
    Vehicle:
    96 4x4 reg cab
    yeah i want to get rid of that filler piece for good i think it looks stupid as well. so these brackets and din piece you talk about can i get those at like bestbuy or any store?

2. Mar 7, 2012 at 12:47 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks [OP] Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    eehh, not sure on where to buy the radio bracket, as it would be specific to the mounting locations on the truck. I would start searching on the internet, maybe it would be at best buy, but i doubt it. the "din piece" isnt a piece, its just the measurement of the size of the radio. A "single din" radio is the standard size of most older vehicles stock radios, and most aftermarket decks to into the opening of a radio slot. a double din, would be about twice the size of a single din radio. a feature of the cobra 18 was that is was designed to be the same size as a single din radio, so it fits perfectly into single din radio openings, like the one below your factory (or aftermarket) single din radio. :thumbsup:

3. Mar 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    got started today on my suspension lift with my good friend aleks.

the day started out pretty good getting the rear 2" AAL and new shocks installed
    [​IMG]

I went out to test the flex on a big mound of dirt...and little did I know it was a muddy slop pit. I succeded in almost getting sttuck in this thick muddy shit hole and getting thick mud everywhere. its hard to tell from the pic but it looked ridiculous with a massive amount of rake.
    [​IMG]

then later that evening we set to work on the front to get the 5100s in,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and it just went down hill from there.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

by 1:30 we called it quits with 3/4 of a strut done. we'll be finishing it tomorrow.

4. Mar 27, 2012 at 1:20 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    i dont see how lol. it was one thing after another.

I do have to give loads of credit to the guys in the ID/WA bs thread for watching mine and my friend's derps and helping us along and answering our pleas for help:proposetoast:

5. Mar 27, 2012 at 1:31 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    deal. :D well im off to bed for a relaxing read and a good rest before i go at it again. thank god i dont work or have any important commitments tomorrow or i would be in a pickle.

6. Mar 27, 2012 at 7:53 AM
    Twistedfreedom

Twistedfreedom welcome to the incredibuild

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    in progress
    modded the F*ck out
    I have u bolts for you Ben

7. Mar 29, 2012 at 4:23 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    :worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless::worthless:

yo...this thread needs some up dated pics...:spy:

Your welcome :D

8. Mar 29, 2012 at 4:48 PM
    Twistedfreedom

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    in progress
    modded the F*ck out
    what a dick

9. Mar 29, 2012 at 4:49 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
  10. Mar 29, 2012 at 8:01 PM
    MapleMoose

MapleMoose Drunk Canadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    3" Eibach Coils, 3" AP Springs, AP 6" Shackles Toytec Diff drop, BAMF Sliders, Deck plate mod,Volt meter, Highbeam mod, PIAA fogs, 18" Magnaflow, LED dash swap, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Custom Rear Plate Bumper
    X2

11. Mar 30, 2012 at 12:02 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    oh lawrd, im working on it!

here are the pics of the new tires from today. Ill get a few detailed ones of my new suspension:D and some pre planned before and after pics here soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also i think i have decided against the grey theme, and im just doing the wheels and chrome and sliders flat black. pretty dam typical, but the grey is hard to find and can come out weird, so im just sticking to a tried and true look.

12. Mar 30, 2012 at 12:10 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    HAHA! the last one didnt get low enough to be fun. it was close, but i couldnt justify cutting into the frame of a 36,000 mile truck. so by a fucking LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way the lifted monster is better, suits my style, is more practical, and is a lot more fun. i love that truck to death the more i have it and as i tell everyone, i wouldnt trade it for just about anything else in this world. still, one of these days im going to build a frame dragging, spark throwing mini, just for now im having a blast with the fo x fo!

13. Mar 30, 2012 at 12:14 AM
    Twistedfreedom

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    in progress
    modded the F*ck out
    Fat girls can't jump...

14. Mar 30, 2012 at 12:19 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    lol, i had talked my self into the 4x4. i didnt need any convincing from you guys. as i seriously got into buying a 4x4 and looking at craigslist every day for new tacomas to get posted each day that went buy i started to dislike my 2wd a bit more and a bit more untill i actually wanted it gone so i could get the new truck. i had my mind 100% made up and i dont think anything was going to change that
    yes lol. thank god my gf isnt fat...cuz she has to jump to get in. :laugh: she uses the oh shit handle all the time now to drag her little self up there. its quite funny. just wait till i get sliders, she will probably trip or get hung up the first few times. i told her that and she just asked if i was trying to make my truck in impenetrable fortress where she couldn't get into.

15. Mar 30, 2012 at 12:22 AM
    Twistedfreedom

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    in progress
    modded the F*ck out
    my sliders are so tight to the body that they essentially extend the floorboard 2" but it's just enough to keep the fatties out.

16. Mar 30, 2012 at 12:26 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    :rofl::rofl:

17. Apr 10, 2012 at 11:49 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    some updated pics of the suspension.

doesen't even look like much, but made a huge difference. 2" toytec AAL and 5100s
    [​IMG]

sexy new 5100s
    [​IMG]

home made bpv bracket.
    [​IMG]

18. Apr 11, 2012 at 8:51 AM
    MapleMoose

MapleMoose Drunk Canadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    3" Eibach Coils, 3" AP Springs, AP 6" Shackles Toytec Diff drop, BAMF Sliders, Deck plate mod,Volt meter, Highbeam mod, PIAA fogs, 18" Magnaflow, LED dash swap, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Custom Rear Plate Bumper
    No before/after stance pics??

Tisk tisk young padawan

19. Apr 11, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Oh no, no. I have those planned out. I'm just waiting till I have the sliders on and wheels painted to do before and after pics. It will be a drastic change lol

20. Apr 11, 2012 at 1:12 PM
    Twistedfreedom

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    in progress
    modded the F*ck out

Products Discussed in

To Top