1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SNGL Super Bright LED Headlights

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by UAL777jet, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Apr 5, 2017 at 7:51 PM
    UAL777jet

UAL777jet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Norwalk, IA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Pro Voodoo Blue
    TRD Performance Air Intake
    According to the link below, these are the brightest with a light output of 10,400 lumens, 55W.
    I was going to buy Opt7 X till I read this. Has any one tried them? Comes with 2 year warranty like Opt7. Adjustable focus too. As I continue to research, SNGL has some now with 12,400 LM.

http://bestheadlightbulbs.com/brightest-led-headlight-bulbs-2017/

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  2. Apr 6, 2017 at 4:17 AM
    Mrgreytaco

Mrgreytaco Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGSB Tacoma TRD Sport 4x2
    I have the 10,400 lm for low beams pretty good so far considering getting the 12400 lm for high beam... ×_×

3. Apr 6, 2017 at 4:17 AM
    dzkritzas

dzkritzas Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    South Kakalaki
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD-OR DCSB
    superwhite (IN THE WORKS) SOS offroad concepts streamline bumper + winch Ballistic Tank Wheels- 305/70/17 "3 OME coilovers with top plate Camburg Uniball UCA 2.5 Fox rear shock with remote resv custom 3rd brake light mod custom TRD OR bed decals or replica's- @stickerhi on instag tell him i sent you for his %off..he can make it happen! (INSTALLED) LEDs everywhere...not a halogen on the truck LEXUS GS350 LED projector fog lamp exact swap LED puddle light +int footwells TRD PRO skid plate TRD PRO shifter TRD Pro grille insert llumar AIR80 tint on windshield 20% ceramic tint across the rest remote start EVO ALL+rf extender front camera mod w/crux harness custom hood + bedlights all black badges pop n lock tailgate lock custom raptor lights attached to DRLs more to come im sure....
    i have the 12400 lumen ones in my 3rd gen. they are bright and do the job but have nothing to compare them too as far as better or worse. i still run my super bright hi beams when i need additional coverage wider and further out. you will notice they are illegal to run on the street so be careful not to have them raised up too much blinding everyone coming your way. i will say its fun when people flash me for these lights and i kick on the high beams lol..

4. Apr 6, 2017 at 8:08 AM
    UAL777jet

UAL777jet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Norwalk, IA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Pro Voodoo Blue
    TRD Performance Air Intake
    Okay, now I have expanded my research on LED conversion kit legality. Am I going to get fined for failure to dim? In a night accident, will my insurance cover me? My guess is, if not DOT approved they are illegal. I sure like the LED's on my wife's Mercedes, when I drive the Tacoma, I feel in the dark :cool:
    The other reason for wanting to switch is to match the DRL and Pro fogs.

bobrown14 likes this.
  5. Apr 6, 2017 at 8:30 AM
    sigrooms

sigrooms Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4 Auto DCSB w/JBL
    I wish police ticketed more drivers for illegal headlights/lights, blinding drivers with high output lights, or driving with high beams on around other drivers.

Yann, Skydvrr, Tac0Tic0 and 7 others like this.
  6. Apr 6, 2017 at 9:01 AM

127.0.0.1 AKA ::1

Member:
    /etc/hosts
    Vehicle:
    2013 NBM AC 4.0 4x4 Auto OR
    fact: DOT doesn't approve a friggin thing

fact: DOT approved is meaningless.

fact: FMVSS regulations are strict, and fact is, only OEM assemblies with OEM specified bulbs are legal.
    because to make a non-OEM one, technically legal, the multi-million-dollar lab
    and photometric testing would bankrupt the [insert crap light maker here]..so they don't do the approved tests and submit
    the results to the gubmint for approval.

example: Phillips lighting is HUGE company with deep pockets, and they make LED auto bulbs, but only got them legally approved for 4 models, and only 4 specific models. the testing must be done on the actual target vehicle, for every vehicle. that is huge time and money. OEM does it because they work on new models 5 years out...and test all the time. but for an aftermarket maker, no way they can keep up with --every single vehicle-- out there. so they derp up the package slap D.O.T> on the cover and know some dumbass will buy it. [not saying you are a dumbass nope ...]

as I said, DOT approved is 100% meaningless

So, fact is, you are not going to ever be legal with aftermarket that is different than OEM specified replacement.
    But there are some aftermarket stuff that won't blind and won't glare
    and might test as legal, but are never tested, and therefore not legal.

FACT: most people here discussing aftermarket lights don't give a rats ass and will do it anyway. laws don't apply to them, they are too cool for that

others of us actually want to fit in and we like to follow the laws when it comes to critical safety equipment like vehicle lighting.

so.......do what you want, you'll do it anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    the thing that sucks the most, is current FMVSS testing it out dated, and OEM is shipping new vehicles with crap lighting that is
    legal, but makes people want to boost it or improve it, and the only way is to go the illegal route.

that is the real problem, FMVSS needs to get with the times. Euro standards are way better and there are about zero european cars
    out there with shitty lights that you even want to improve.

FMVSS standards and testing will let somewhat weak light get out the door, in
    EU that doesn't fly.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    0210 and dzkritzas like this.
  7. Apr 6, 2017 at 10:45 AM
    rlx02

rlx02 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    Western WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    Comparing an aftermarket LED bulb to plug into halogen projectors to Mercedes' 48 computer controlled LED headlights (24/headlight) is like comparing a kite to an airplane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqgcnXtCPPk

These are amazing piece of tech.

ponts, ratcityrain and JasonCz like this.
  8. Apr 6, 2017 at 10:48 AM
    dzkritzas

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    South Kakalaki
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD-OR DCSB
    superwhite (IN THE WORKS) SOS offroad concepts streamline bumper + winch Ballistic Tank Wheels- 305/70/17 "3 OME coilovers with top plate Camburg Uniball UCA 2.5 Fox rear shock with remote resv custom 3rd brake light mod custom TRD OR bed decals or replica's- @stickerhi on instag tell him i sent you for his %off..he can make it happen! (INSTALLED) LEDs everywhere...not a halogen on the truck LEXUS GS350 LED projector fog lamp exact swap LED puddle light +int footwells TRD PRO skid plate TRD PRO shifter TRD Pro grille insert llumar AIR80 tint on windshield 20% ceramic tint across the rest remote start EVO ALL+rf extender front camera mod w/crux harness custom hood + bedlights all black badges pop n lock tailgate lock custom raptor lights attached to DRLs more to come im sure....
  9. Apr 6, 2017 at 10:49 AM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    People flash you because your headlights aren't aimed properly, and you like flashing them back with high beams so you can be an even bigger jackass?

Grow up dude, take a little responsibility and fix your headlights and be a courteous driver. If you're getting flashed, they're not adjusted properly - not adjusting them and then on top of that, purposely blinding oncoming drivers even further with your high beams is being a total douchebag.

Skydvrr, Yann, Hank Heel and 5 others like this.
  10. Apr 6, 2017 at 11:02 AM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
  11. Apr 6, 2017 at 11:09 AM

Member:
    /etc/hosts
    Vehicle:

Having overbright lights, and knowing about them, and using them, is a form of bullying
    and you got some type of mental issue if you get flashed constantly and ignore the fact and don't seek to correct the issue.

Yann, Hank Heel and Simpleton like this.
  12. Apr 6, 2017 at 11:10 AM
    dzkritzas

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    South Kakalaki
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD-OR DCSB
    umm.... they have been adjusted as low as they can go. I am glad you're so informed on how the lights are set up on my truck. Next time before you call someone a jackass and douschebag get your facts straight. And i will continue to flash people that flash me to let them know that i am not running with my high beams on (and i said flash not hold down the high beams to continuously blind them)

13. Apr 6, 2017 at 11:11 AM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    If they're adjusted all the way down, then those bulbs are shit (insert surprise here).

Blinding them twice doesn't help anybody. Even if it's just a "flash," and you saying you enjoy doing it pretty well disproves your idea that it's a courtesy to flash them.

You're a douchebag.

Skydvrr, Hank Heel, Simpleton and 4 others like this.
  14. Apr 6, 2017 at 11:12 AM
    dzkritzas

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    South Kakalaki
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD-OR DCSB
    i

no one said i was constantly getting flashed... i just said when i do its nice to kick on the brights to let them know im not running with brights. I may have been flashed 8-10 times in the 1 year ive used these lights.

15. Apr 6, 2017 at 11:13 AM
    dzkritzas

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    South Kakalaki
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD-OR DCSB
  16. Apr 6, 2017 at 11:17 AM

Member:
    /etc/hosts
    Vehicle:
    no I am not saying that to any particular person, that is just a general statement. it is best described as 'bullying'

17. Apr 6, 2017 at 11:18 AM
    Snowtrail

Snowtrail Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    17 pro cement
    Fun? You understand they flash you because you're blinding them?

Edit, you're a fucking asshole, either adjust your beams or change lights.

Yann and sigrooms like this.
  18. Apr 6, 2017 at 11:23 AM
    dzkritzas

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    South Kakalaki
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD-OR DCSB

8-10 cars over a 1 year period means for improper lights and needing a change? i dont think so, it's less than 0.5% of the cars ive passed.

19. Apr 6, 2017 at 11:27 AM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    Doesn't matter.

If you're blinding anyone on purpose (which you are), and then blinding them again for your amusement by showing them your high beams then you're a twat.

Both of which you've said you do. Nobody else is making it up, this is using your words.

sigrooms and Simpleton like this.
  20. Apr 6, 2017 at 11:28 AM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:

rlx02 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top